Author Topic: Brisket is always a hit !!!  (Read 2102 times)

kona77

Brisket is always a hit !!!
« on: September 02, 2018, 09:18:20 PM »
 Had a family event today and several of my siblings asked me to make a brisket. Had a 15lb Costco prime in the freezer so I followed my standard process. Rubbed with tender-quick and put in fridge for an hour (faux smoke ring).. Rinsed and then coated with olive oil and Jim Baldridge seasoning. Went into my 3D at 8:00 last night. Estimate weight after trimming was 13lbs. Used 7-8 oz of hickory and added apple juice for moisture during the smoke 

My last three brisket smokes have all been in the 1 hour/per pound range (195 temp goal) so I thought the 8:00 time would be good.. Wanted to take out by 11:00am and then wrap/sit for 2-3 hours. Brisket did not get done until 2:30 so the meal was delayed a bit. Brisket was nice and "jiggly" (like jello) and drooped on the ends when I took it out. I know these are the two main things the experts on this forum have always stated to look for so I knew it was perfect. Served with my home made BBQ sauce and cornbread and everyone stated it was the best brisket they have had.. Of course I reminded them they said the exact same thing on my last brisket :D :D

When I first started smoking with my 3D (two years ago) I was always a bit intimidated with brisket. That is no longer the case with the help/feedback from so many great folks on this forum.. My next goal is a pork belly and I will start looking at past forum posts/feedback to help me on this endeavor.

Gene from Wisconsin
SI newbie (3-D)
Live/breathe for the outdoors..

barelfly

Re: Brisket is always a hit !!!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 09:35:02 AM »
Nicely done! Yes, the 3D makes it simple.

And the pork belly is even easier, especially when making some bacon!

Enjoy.
Jeremy in NM
3D for lazy q
Bullet 4 burner gasser by Bull Grills
Weber Kettle with a Slow n Sear

kim0bbz

Re: Brisket is always a hit !!!
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2023, 04:48:18 PM »
I just did a 3 hour wrap on a brisket, that was just right... thanks for the tip!