Author Topic: Kari and Walt made my lamp chops!  (Read 3453 times)

SmokinSusie-Q

Kari and Walt made my lamp chops!
« on: February 23, 2017, 05:47:51 PM »
Walt wrote a recipe in 2014 for his lamp chops which I followed as closely as possible.  In 2016, Kari gave me a few specific suggestions for smoking.  I couldn't have done such a great job on smoking my 2 lamb chops without their help.

I had 2 lamb chops, weighing a total of 15 7/8 oz. and about 2 inches thick.  I applied a pesto-like paste (minced garlic, tarragon, thyme, rosemary, mustard, and olive oil) and refrigerated them for approximately 6 1/2 hrs.  I set the temperature on the smoker for 200 and placed the probe in the smallest chop (112). The chops were done in 50 minutes.  I then reverse seared them on the grill.  Oh, I used 2 1/2 oz. of hickory, and the smoke flavor was just enough. The chops turned out med. rare to med. which was perfect for me.
Sue
Cedar Point, NC

JustChillin

Re: Kari and Walt made my lamp chops!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 06:35:30 PM »
Does this photo from Christmas Vacation represent where a "lamp" chop comes from. I do like the idea of smoking lamb chops or a rack. It looks pretty tasty.
David from Roswell,GA. My tools currently include the SI #2 with an Auber, Grill Dome, Solaire 27", Holland Grill (Companion) & Weber (Smokey Joe). The Companion & SJ are primarily used for tailgating.

SmokinSusie-Q

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 05:33:55 PM »
Oops!  I do know how to spell Lamb.  I must have been in a hurry to record my success with lamb which I smoked for the first time.  I recently watched Steve Raichlen smoke lamb ribs on an episode of Project Smoke, so I may have to give it a try. 
Sue
Cedar Point, NC

JustChillin

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 06:12:30 PM »
We all make typos! Please excuse any that I make. Let us know if you cook the lamb chops. I love lamb but have never smoked any chops.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 02:38:17 PM by JustChillin »
David from Roswell,GA. My tools currently include the SI #2 with an Auber, Grill Dome, Solaire 27", Holland Grill (Companion) & Weber (Smokey Joe). The Companion & SJ are primarily used for tailgating.

Walt

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 11:05:35 AM »
I am glad you enjoyed them. Lamb chops are outstanding in the smoker.  A reoccurring cook for my family. You will never go wrong taking Kari's advice!
Walt from South East Louisiana
Model#2 Bypassed with
Auber PID WSD 1200 GPH
Weber EP-330 LP grill