Author Topic: Maine Grilling woods  (Read 26001 times)

OFFSHORE GINGER

Re: Maine Grilling woods
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2015, 01:42:39 PM »
In a perfect world if you had a band saw that would be even better. ;)
Funny you should say that because I have just inherited a band saw , and just curious have they started selling Whiskey barrel chunks / chips again .
[I[I .............

1stlink

« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2015, 02:37:19 PM »
I am working through the sampler packaged that I got from MGW.    The wood I got from fruitawood was fine, but it's just too much and will take a long time to use it all up.   I like the idea that MGW sells a smaller package of wood.
Hi Steve, Have you by chance used enough of your starter pack to offer an opinion? I need to place an order soon. I have plenty of Pecan/apple but need to add variety.

Thanks to all for a very informative thread..  ;)

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2015, 01:00:43 PM »
Ralph...yes, I have used up a couple of the packs and will be trying apple wood this weekend.   I plan to order hickory and cherry from MGW in the near future as these are the two I most use, and will add on others over time.   The sampler pack is a great way to try different woods.  I would recommend giving them a try.
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

Walt

« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2015, 11:23:32 AM »
I'm a red-blooded bbq eat'in man, but........we do have women as members & this forum is touted as family friendly. I don't think that is appropriate for THIS forum. Its hard enough to read your posts with all that other stuff moving around, now its impossible! How about a normal avatar & signature & wow us with your BBQ?

Signed,
The Buzz Killer
Walt from South East Louisiana
Model#2 Bypassed with
Auber PID WSD 1200 GPH
Weber EP-330 LP grill

Me2

« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2015, 11:33:38 AM »
Thanks Walt. I too find the moving parts difficult to read and quite frankly found the latest post way out of line for a barbeque forum. If we can't keep it on topic and non offensive then please do not post. I participate in this forum in order to improve my smoking meat skills not for any other purpose. I enjoy reading the posts daily but definitely do not care to see posts that violate what Tony so aptly put in the welcome letter to the forum. Let's keep it "family friendly" and on topic.

Martha
#2 happy owner, Georgetown, TX

Limey

« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2015, 05:11:10 PM »
+1
Roger from the Florida Keys.
Two SI#3s, both with switched bypass and Aubers(different locations), Viking, Jenn Aire & five TEC infra red grills. Recently acquired UDS.

OFFSHORE GINGER

« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2015, 06:56:30 PM »
THIS forum. Its hard enough to read your posts with all that other stuff moving around, now its impossible! How about a normal avatar & signature & wow us with your BBQ?

Signed,
The Buzz Killer
Walt with that being said I apologize to you and all the other members on this forum if I have offended any one but............... as far as the moving Avatar and Sig line it will be staying , and good day to you Sir ..............
[I[I .............