Author Topic: Auber for #3  (Read 1900 times)

es1025

Auber for #3
« on: June 12, 2014, 08:11:16 PM »
Ok,
I received the Auber for the #3 today.  I used Ben's instructions from the Smokin-it web site.

Once I plug everything in and set the smoker temperature/duration and IT temperature how do I know the auber is working.  I read the instructions twice but what to ensure I do everything correctly.  The smoker probe will not be fixed and the controller is not bypassed.

Ed from Northern NJ
Proud owner Smokin-it #3, Bypassed and Auber
Has anyone seen my Weber Genesis Gold?

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Auber for #3
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 09:07:11 PM »
Congrats, Ed!  You know the Auber is working if you see the little green light on the right side of the display lit.  It will pulse from bright to dim, or off, depending on how much current it is sending to the element.  When the Auber is on, you'll also know it's working if the smoker heats up. ;)   Just make sure your dial is set to 250, or the on board controller and Auber will have a death match for control of the smoker!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Auber for #3
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 09:08:58 PM »
Also, I highly recommend doing an autotune.  I wrote instructions for this, and they're posted on Smokin-It.com under the Instructions section.  You can download it from there in pdf.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!