Author Topic: RTIC Coolers  (Read 32568 times)

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
Re: RTIC Coolers
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2016, 05:44:55 PM »
I drink a variety of beer from the fancy really hoppy beer (I love hops) to bargain basement brands. Heck, a couple of weeks ago, I bought a 48-pack of Costco Kirkland brand beer for $22.99. For about 50cents a beer, it wasn't too darn bad. That being said, I probably won't be buying it again real soon. It tasted "OK", but was not a ton of flavor or kick. if I buy cheap domestic beer, it will usually be Miller Lite (It will be a cold day in He!! before I would buy Bud Light). I love a good Stella Artois too and occasionally a Stella Artois Cidre.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

Nimrod

« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2016, 10:57:22 AM »
Tony,
Does this mean we need another discussion category just for beer?
I think it would fall under "accesories" ;D
Dave from Lufkin, TX
Smokin-It #2
Weber Genesis and one shop built offset (certified) sanctuary for red wasps

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2016, 12:56:47 PM »
Tony,

Not a bad idea, but wouldn't it be essential accessories? lol!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

va_rider

« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2016, 09:29:37 AM »
Tony,

I tried to get one going....   http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?topic=4508.0

I'm... REALLY  into beer.

Aaron in Virginia
Model #2
Not a smoking newbie, but a Smokin-It newbie.

Dead👁Daniel

« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2016, 03:27:45 PM »
Just recieved my RTIC 20 soft cooler and just pulled it out of the box.
Looks and feels great. Along with cooler shock this should be a great cooler.
Still waiting on the 20 and 65 hard cooler to ship.
Cooler shock size is 9x10 I also have the 10x14.
The top of the box says it all.
John ohio locomotive engineer
Mes30
Smokin it 3D
Thermopop
Thermoworks dot

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2016, 05:02:44 PM »
I'm waiting on a soft cooler to ship, I forget which size my wife ordered in May.   The ship times seem pretty quick at the moment .

If you are on the fence and want one for xmas (or tell your wife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Now look to be a good order time.

Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

Dead👁Daniel

« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2016, 05:34:17 PM »
I ordered mine may 11th and arrived July 18th.
Yea if you wanna give as gifts (on the coolers only) for x-mas you better order now!!! Lol
Mes30
Smokin it 3D
Thermopop
Thermoworks dot

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2016, 07:22:28 PM »
Shoot, John, looks like RTIC needs to put you on the advertising payroll!  Nice collection!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2016, 10:08:01 PM »
Got my RTIC 30 today.  First thought is "well it aint a yeti".

I took pics next to my small yeti hardside for comparo.

While the RTIC softsides are MUCH cheaper than the yeti the material does not see as thick. (shell)  Time will tell.   The RTIC also has seams on the inside, not a full one piece liner.   Smells like long term trouble (leaks) if you ask me!

On the bright side, it will be lighter than a hardcase with a nice shoulder strap.

The tops of the RTIC are flat with one zipper.   The Yetis have one zipper in the center and do NOT have a flat top.  Since the Yetis are a thicker material I did think it was odd to use and open when I saw one in the store.

$125 vs $350.   Not a dead on match copy, but close.   I'll test soon on a 3 day trip.   

Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

Dead👁Daniel

« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2016, 09:09:28 AM »
Rtic tumblers and bottles on sale!
Couldn't pass it up and made another order.
I have never seen them on sale before.
My tan 20 hard cooler is shipped and should get it on Tuesday July 26.
Mes30
Smokin it 3D
Thermopop
Thermoworks dot

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2016, 01:56:28 PM »
I am trying to decide between a 20 and a 45.

It says that the 20 will hold 24 cans plus ice. But, I am wondering how much ice it will hold?

This cooler will primarily be used for a beverage cooler for out at the lake and the occasional car trip.

I like the idea of the carrying handle on the 20, but not sure if it will be big enough.

I am tempted to start with the 20 and then add a 45 or a 65 later if I decide I occasionally may want the bigger size. But, without seeing these it is hard to tell. I guess what I should do is go look at a Yeti to try to decide from that.

I am just curious for those of you that had either the 20 or the 45, do you wish you would have gone bigger or smaller?

Thanks in advance for your opinions.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2016, 03:23:13 PM »
I have the 20 Yeti.  Its a tad small since the walls are thick.  Its good for the 3 of us to the shore or a trip, but it won't hold a long slab of ribs coming home from the butcher shop.

Go see them in person 1st.

Depending on your needs the 20 will be fine, but if you want to pack more food the 45 will be better.

I just checked................a 30 pack of beer will fit in the 20 but NO ROOM FOR ICE.   Figure that cardboard size as interior of the 20 size.

Nimrod

« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2016, 10:13:25 PM »
I like the idea of the carrying handle on the 20, but not sure if it will be big enough.

I am tempted to start with the 20 and then add a 45 or a 65 later if I decide I occasionally may want the bigger size. But, without seeing these it is hard to tell. I guess what I should do is go look at a Yeti to try to decide from that.

I am just curious for those of you that had either the 20 or the 45, do you wish you would have gone bigger or smaller?

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Gregg,
Ive had my Yeti 20 for some time and its always seemd a bit 'in between' for me.  The handle is great for carrying but the way it locks in place always annoys me vs my small coleman with a handle that freely moves up and down.  Nothing wrong with it and definitely a champ at keeping ice but I just havent enjoyed it as much as I thought I would.  I ordered the RTIC 45 last May and just got it last week.  Its going to be my go to cooler for day in day out use.  Proof that man cannot have enough coolers, I recently ordered the RTIC 20 soft cooler to (hopefully) solve my search for a run and gun size.
Just my two cents and good luck with your choice.
Dave from Lufkin, TX
Smokin-It #2
Weber Genesis and one shop built offset (certified) sanctuary for red wasps

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2016, 10:34:29 PM »
I'm leaning toward the 45 to start and may get a 20 down the road. I just think the 20 might be too small for serving as my lake beer cooler, while the 20 could be my run and go cooler. I have never been a fan of the soft sided coolers, so they are out for me.

I still want to go look at some Yeti coolers to get an idea of the sizes.

Thanks for the feedback. Keep it coming guys.
Gregg - Fargo, ND

Dead👁Daniel

« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2016, 01:15:41 AM »
Just recived my rtic 20 hard cooler but unfortunately as I was walking out the door for work and won't be back for a couple days.
It says the rtic 20 will hold 5 more pounds of ice than the yeti.
Greg how many drinks are you looking to hold plus ice?
I can check it when I get back.
Mes30
Smokin it 3D
Thermopop
Thermoworks dot