Author Topic: Model 2 arrived today!  (Read 7631 times)

kujobie

Model 2 arrived today!
« on: April 05, 2013, 10:01:29 PM »
Perfect!  Heavy duty packaging.  Everything looks good.  Ready to season it tomorrow and smoke some ribs on Sunday.  One thing concerned me a little.  The door takes quite a bit of force to close and latch.  It starts to have resistance on the hinge side when the door is still 1 1/2 or 2 inches before closing and when closed seems to put some stress on the hinges and latches.  I assume it will stretch and relax a little after some use and I can't really complain about a tight seal, but is this normal?  Anyways, thanks for prompt delivery and what looks to be a well made product.

Rob Babcock

Re: Model 2 arrived today!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 04:17:59 PM »
My #3 is like that , too.  I think it has to be pretty tight to keep from letting all the smoke flow out the door.

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 04:22:44 PM »
Another thing about the tightness:  restricting the flow of air pretty much guarantees you get smoke and not flame.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

kujobie

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 06:20:59 PM »
OK, cool.  Seasoning the smoker now, on hour three as I type and looking/smelling good.  I had a small amount of smoke come through the top corners of the door during the first half hour when it was "belching" a few times as others mentioned, but other than that, it's a good seal.  Just seasoned 4 racks of St. Louis ribs so ready to go in the morning. 

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 05:50:22 PM »
I guess this is normal.  I noticed a bit of smoke every time I used the #2 around the doors, but it ends within the first 30 minutes or so.
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

Alphax

• "Brakes just slow you down..."
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 07:29:19 PM »
Mine is super tight too.. normal.

I just hope the welds hold 8)
-Brian
Model #2

kujobie

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 09:56:20 PM »
That's what worries me, that the welds will hold.  Finally doing my second smoke tomorrow and it seems a little looser now.  Just prepped it with foil and got 4 more racks of St. Louis ribs rubbed and resting in the fridge ready to go tomorrow.  Happy Memorial Day everyone.

Rob Babcock

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2013, 02:21:08 AM »
I seriously doubt the welds will fail! 8)