Author Topic: Stacking Ribs  (Read 4956 times)

BamaInDc

Stacking Ribs
« on: August 24, 2013, 12:27:24 PM »
Cooking six racks of baby backs today. Does anyone know if cooking times will be effected if I have three racks of ribs (two on each rack) cooking at the same time? Any help is greatly appreciated.

BIG BOB

Re: Stacking Ribs
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 12:55:38 PM »
I am doing the same tomorrow... let me know how it goes for you today!
B-EE-RR-UN BEERRUN!

Bob from New Castle, IN.

UWFSAE

• Smoker, Griller, & International Man of Mystery
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 03:52:00 PM »
Bama, I assume you're laying them flat ... or are they in a rib rack?  Either way, you're well under the max load for your smoker; so long as you have gaps for air/smoke circulation you'll be okay.
Joe from Houston, TX
Proud owner of a Smokin-It #3!

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 08:55:42 AM »
I have smoked 3 racks of baby backs on my #2 a few times on 3 smoker racks using the 2-2-1 method without problems.
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

Bigumdaddyo

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 01:41:38 AM »
I smoked five racks of baby backs a couple weeks ago in my # 3. I laid them 2 to a shelve, heck I could have easily done 8 racks total. I have to say they were my best ribs ever!! I smoked them for 5 hours straight. Used about 3 oz of hickory. The temp was set to 225 and I never opened the door, not even once. After five hours I placed them on the stick burner with straight charcoal added the glaze and finished them off for about another half an hour. Wow! I am impressed with this smoker!! Sorry guys I would have taken pictures, but there was no time. Imagine the best ribs you ever ate and that is what they looked like.
Larry from WA
Smokin-it #3
Char-griller stick burner

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 08:38:11 PM »
I smoked five racks of baby backs a couple weeks ago in my # 3. I laid them 2 to a shelve, heck I could have easily done 8 racks total. I have to say they were my best ribs ever!! I smoked them for 5 hours straight. Used about 3 oz of hickory. The temp was set to 225 and I never opened the door, not even once. After five hours I placed them on the stick burner with straight charcoal added the glaze and finished them off for about another half an hour. Wow! I am impressed with this smoker!! Sorry guys I would have taken pictures, but there was no time. Imagine the best ribs you ever ate and that is what they looked like.

Hehe...I can imagine, Daddyo!  Stupid easy, isn't it?  That's what I love about these smokers!  People who taste my smokes can't believe I don't have one of those "PitMasters" rigs!  LoL - our little secret!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!