Author Topic: Sprayway Stainless Steel Cleaner  (Read 5838 times)

smokeasaurus

Sprayway Stainless Steel Cleaner
« on: July 04, 2013, 12:34:21 PM »
You love your Smokin-It, right? You want it to look its best, right? I have for you the best stainless steel cleaner and polisher hands down.

A dear member of the forum where I moderate owns his own seasoning company. He discovered this stainless cleaner to use at his facility.

He passed away earlier this year and we all miss him very much. His legacy of Instant Gourmet seasonings will live on. I was darn proud to know him and I think of him whenever I use Sprayway Stainless Steel cleaner. My new number 3 came in a couple of days ago with the top heavily oxidized. I used a little lighter fluid with a terry cloth towel and that helped a bit. So before calling Steve, I got out my Spray-way ss cleaner and polish and the top of my #3 is now the prettiest shiniest pc of stainless I have ever seen. Ya gotta get this stuff, you will not be disappointed.

Here is the link to Phil's post about the Sprayway and a link to Amazon to buy a two-fer...trust me on this one.... Thanks Phil...........

http://www.letstalkbbq.com/index.php?topic=458.msg4584#msg4584

http://www.amazon.com/Sprayway-Stainless-Steel-Cleaner-15oz/dp/B0049IIEPM/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1372955602&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=sprayway+stainless+steel+cleaner
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 01:30:28 PM by smokeasaurus »

RunItRagged

Re: Sprayway Stainless Steel Cleaner
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 01:27:05 PM »
Whoa!  That S/S cleaner is the BEST!  Ordered the two can pack.  Never seen a cleaner work that well.  I appreciate the heads up.  Thanks.

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 02:21:28 PM »
Are you using this to clean the outside of the smoker, or inside as well?
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

Etex

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 08:43:13 AM »
Got this a Sam's.  Worked well.  Only one or two little spots it did not remove.  Due to the chemicals in it I probably would not use it inside.

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 02:24:37 PM »
I bought this product and was really disappointed. In fact after using for two or three weeks, I became concerned with the look of my smoker.

I just recently purchase Bayes Stainless Steel BBQ cleaner. It comes in a spray bottle, the ingredients include:
Paraffin, mineral oil, polymer, proplene, glycol ether and Citrus distillate.

It has a nice citrus smell and the outside of the smoker looks good!

Greg

va_rider

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 03:48:13 PM »
Whoa Zombie thread...

I use barkeeper's Friend on the outside of my #2. Works like a dream. I started using it on my motorcycle exhaust years ago, and have been using it on sinks and my stainless steel prep table since.
Aaron in Virginia
Model #2
Not a smoking newbie, but a Smokin-It newbie.

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2015, 03:55:17 PM »
Whoa Zombie thread...

I use barkeeper's Friend on the outside of my #2. Works like a dream. I started using it on my motorcycle exhaust years ago, and have been using it on sinks and my stainless steel prep table since.

Hey Aaron,

Yep a zombie thread indeed. But since non of the regular member posted here I wanted to post my results of the cleaner that was being recommended.

I have used Barkeeper's Friend for pots but never on stainless, I was concerned that it might be to harsh?

I will have to try it on a spot.

Thanks Greg

va_rider

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2015, 04:10:24 PM »
I use the liquid version of Barkeeper's Friend. I don't think that's as abrasive as the powder. I've been using it on my stainless table for ~3 years and haven't had any issues... but I've only had the #2 for a month.. I hope I haven't caused any damage with it on my #2...
Aaron in Virginia
Model #2

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2015, 04:15:24 PM »
I will give the barkeeper's Friend a try, but I think I will still use the cleaner I bought to help protect it.

Greg

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2015, 04:43:23 PM »
See my cautions on bar keepers friend on that thread.
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2015, 04:55:21 PM »

Dave thanks for posting, I was wondering if there was some kind of finish. On the top of my smoker, it turned just a bit light brown, which I found strange for SS. I guess when it gets bad enough, I will need to give it a good rub down to remove the coating.

Thanks Greg

va_rider

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2015, 06:58:07 PM »

What thread?
Aaron in Virginia
Model #2

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2015, 07:04:38 PM »

va_rider

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2015, 07:30:43 PM »
Thanks!

Wow. I've really only been doing the top of mine with BKF, but I did notice that it took off a brownish coating over the surface. I wouldn't say I had to work very hard to get that coating off though.
Aaron in Virginia
Model #2