Author Topic: What a great company!  (Read 5703 times)

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
What a great company!
« on: July 02, 2013, 08:15:27 PM »
Here's one I didn't expect!  Last week, I ordered a cover, extra shelf and cold smoke plate for my new #1.  Order placed online, confirmation of shipping...supposed to arrive today.  When I get home, I find a really big, heavy box on my porch.  I'm a little confused, and my wife is obviously "confused" (I'll use that word because it sounds better than reality)!  She looks at me, and says "What did you do?!?!  Order another one??"  My mind was racing for an answer, but knew I didn't (Or did I?  That was just a dream, wasn't it?  I've heard stories of people "sleep shopping.").

Finally, I snapped to my senses, and said I'd just ordered a shelf and a cover!!  Really, dear, I didn't do it!  She seemed satisfied with the answer, at least until I could prove it.  It was about 6:30 pm in Ohio, so I didn't think I'd get a hold of anyone.  I dialed the number on the website, and Steve answered!  After-hours! 

I explained what had happened (told him I didn't want anyone to get in trouble).  He said someone had put the wrong shipping label on the wrong box, and would call FedEx to pick it up for me.  Steve was very apologetic, and concerned that I didn't get my correct order!

Not often that you get the owner of any company on the phone after-hours, and receive such courteous attention!  I will continue to recommend Smokin-It to everyone I know, and wish this company the best of success!

Tony from Arkansas
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

afratki

• Owner: Smokin-It #1
Re: What a great company!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 07:55:53 AM »
Mistakes happen, I'm sure Steve appreciated your honesty as well. 
Andrew from Maryland

Let's Smoke!

es1025

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 08:40:43 AM »
That's another reason to like this company.  I remember speaking with Steve in March about promotions.  I ended up waiting but when the May out of stock sale on the #3 occurred I jumped. I like the personal note from Steve thanking you for my purchase, that is great customer service

And of course Tony, you are an honest person.  You must have had the same conversation with your wife as I did with mine on purchasing the #3.  Are you crazy @#$%^&* you will never use it.  Well, I have had it for a month and 4 smokes in the bank.

Happy 4th.
Ed from Northern NJ
Proud owner Smokin-it #3, Bypassed and Auber
Has anyone seen my Weber Genesis Gold?

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 05:30:09 PM »
Update - got a call from Steve first thing this morning!  He shipped my package, and already arranged for FedEx to pick up the smoker package Friday.  Again, fast and personal customer service!!  Thanks Steve!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!