Author Topic: Successful, bone in turkey breast.  (Read 1856 times)

Drayken

Successful, bone in turkey breast.
« on: February 23, 2019, 08:26:11 AM »
I love results of long, slow cooks, but it's nice to be able to enjoy a meal, in a shorter time, once in awhile, lol. Like usual, I just didn't have room in the fridge, to brine the turkey breast. So, I decided to just inject, and see how it would come out.

..5.5 lb bone in turkey breast
..Injected with about 3/4 cup. (Melted half stick of butter, and some turkey broth)
..Seasoned with a little salt, pepper, and Weber's Roasted garlic and herb seasoning.
..Wood was 2.2 oz of cherry from smokinlicious.
..set water pan at bottom of the 3D wifi, and set it at 265.
..Took lil over 3 hrs, to hit 163. I then wrapped and actually didn't get to eat till over an hr later. (Took it to parents' house)

Came out very good, and I'm excited to try again with a brine, to see how much more juicy it might be. Skin was edible, but could be better. And I love how steady the 3D wifi keeps the temps. Question, would you think if I tried 300 temp, I might get a little better skin, or would that dry out the meat too much? I have a searzall, that I easily crisp up the skin, so if the higher temp will hurt the meat, I'll prolly just stick to the searzall, or broiler.

CJ. 3D wifi.

Walt

Re: Successful, bone in turkey breast.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 10:19:42 AM »
The higher temperature is fine for fowl.
Walt from South East Louisiana
Model#2 Bypassed with
Auber PID WSD 1200 GPH
Weber EP-330 LP grill