Author Topic: First three weeks  (Read 978 times)

jclifton

First three weeks
« on: July 04, 2018, 12:21:12 PM »
First let me say thanks to the forum.  With just a little time reading, following instructions you can competently smoke many proteins by just following the collective wisdom from here.

About the 3.5D, well the more I use it the happier I am with my purchase.  I'm glad I didn't go smaller and when we build our new house I'll make sure I build a base for it to set on to raise it up to make cleaning and loading easier.  The smoker is well built, WiFi controller is incredibly simple to use and well insulated.  I've been very happy with how well it holds temp and having to not worry about the dogs getting burnt from a hot exterior.

So far I've smoked three Boston Butts, four chickens, two racks of ribs and two jumbo packs of pork steaks.  Boston Butts, chickens and ribs were great.  One batch of pork steaks I used too much wood and the other I mixed up teaspoon and tablespoon with cayenne pepper, they were very warm :).  With two boys in grad school near by I'm sure I'll be getting plenty of use from the smoker.

Next up I'm going to tackle a turkey.  I want a chance to do a bird a couple of times before Thanksgiving.

Thanks to everyone again,

Jason

On order:
SI 3.5D w/Big Red

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
Re: First three weeks
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 12:32:10 PM »
Well done Jason,
If you can next smoke post some photos!
Best Greg