Author Topic: Hi guys and gals!  (Read 1802 times)

RG

Hi guys and gals!
« on: January 11, 2018, 03:22:18 PM »
I know I am a but an occasional visitor here anymore but I am in the process of making a brisket "How-To" video just for the fun of it. I wonder how many (if any) would like to see it? I am by NO MEANS an expert at this, a backyard hack at best but I thought it might be fun. Keep in mind I no longer have an SI so the cooking part will be done on another cooker but maybe some of the stuff I do might be beneficial to others nonetheless. Let me know if y'all want to watch an idiot smoke a brisket, lol!
Jason from Conyers GA

old sarge

• Global Moderator
Re: Hi guys and gals!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 07:12:32 PM »
Bring on the video and I will bring the popcorn.  Always good to read your posts Jason.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

RG

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 12:48:02 AM »
Bring on the video and I will bring the popcorn.  Always good to read your posts Jason.

Thanks for the compliment David! I'll post a link once I get the video done (hopefully this weekend!)
Jason from Conyers GA

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 02:04:15 AM »
I for one would love to see your video. I think it would be very helpful, no matter what it is cooked in. (KBQ I assume?) It's nice to see your name pop up again. :)
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

RG

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 01:12:25 PM »
I for one would love to see your video. I think it would be very helpful, no matter what it is cooked in. (KBQ I assume?) It's nice to see your name pop up again. :)

Hi Kari, yep it's the KBQ. It's the only thing I smoke briskets and butts on these days. Pellet grills get used for ribs and chicken a lot. The Kegs don't get used at all :(
Jason from Conyers GA