Author Topic: White BBQ sauce  (Read 1638 times)

prudentsmoker

White BBQ sauce
« on: December 17, 2017, 10:33:39 AM »
I am not sure where I read this recipe, but the guy who posted it said it made for the best smoked chicken he had ever had. I smoked some split chicken breasts last night and I am inclined to agree. Better yet, it does not have any sugar! Let me know what you think-

Big Bob Gibson’s original Bar-B-Que white sauce
Makes 4 cups
2 cups mayonnaise
1 cup distilled white vinegar
1/2 cup apple juice
2 tsp. prepared horseradish
2 tsp. ground black pepper
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper

In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and blend well. Use as a marinade, baste, or dipping sauce. Store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to two weeks.

Brian from Wichita

Walt

Re: White BBQ sauce
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 10:47:13 AM »
I spent a few days hunting with Chris Lilly (Big Bob's heir, he runs things now) and a few other well know chefs a couple years ago. He brought his own pit on a trailer & cooked a few shoulders for dinner one night. Outstanding person and a heck of a pit master. His white sauce is excellent.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 10:54:49 AM by Walt »
Walt from South East Louisiana
Model#2 Bypassed with
Auber PID WSD 1200 GPH
Weber EP-330 LP grill

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 11:12:24 AM »
I have had his sauce at one of his restaurants and its nice on chicken. After they smoke the chicken then dunk the bird in the sauce!
Best Greg

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 09:45:17 PM »
I spent a few days hunting with Chris Lilly (Big Bob's heir, he runs things now) and a few other well know chefs a couple years ago. He brought his own pit on a trailer & cooked a few shoulders for dinner one night. Outstanding person and a heck of a pit master. His white sauce is excellent.

With Aarón Sanchez. Hunting with the celebrities!
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide