Author Topic: Boneless Chicken Breasts  (Read 2297 times)

t-motheviking

• Did you turn it off and back on?
Boneless Chicken Breasts
« on: September 27, 2017, 04:10:10 PM »
Smoked Boneless Chicken breasts last night.  They were pretty big and weighed in at almost 3lbs combined weight.  Used smoked sea salt and coarsely ground pepper and EVOO as a binder.  Smoked at 250 and it took almost 4 hours.  Had one last night and then a coworker and I each had one at lunch today.  As always after a night in the fridge and a reheat the smoke flavor was even better!  I was a little worried about it being dry but it wasn't bad.  Not as moise as bone in pieces I have done but not bad and a healthier lunch then I'd normally eat!  Big Mo is trying to be slightly less Big Mo  ;D
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 05:04:30 PM by t-motheviking »
T-Mo from Morris, MN (West Central MN)
AKA The Bear, Big Mo, Big Fuzz, The Viking
Smokin-It Model 3D
Cast Iron Lodge Sportsman Grill
Are electric smokers the mobile home of smokehouses?

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
Re: Boneless Chicken Breasts
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 12:09:50 AM »
Dog looks hungry. Dog will probably lose weight, because Big Mo will not want to share.
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

JustChillin

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 07:06:36 AM »
Looks good and healthy. We cook a lot of boneless breast but I prefer bone in with skin for the smoker.
David from Roswell,GA. My tools currently include the SI #2 with an Auber, Grill Dome, Solaire 27", Holland Grill (Companion) & Weber (Smokey Joe). The Companion & SJ are primarily used for tailgating.

t-motheviking

• Did you turn it off and back on?
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 05:09:27 PM »
You've never seen a more well behaved dog then when I come in from the smoker.  He thinks that good behavior gets him food!  He gets chicken skin when I cook that or if I do pork or any large meat he gets some of that but not chicken breasts!  Yeah I prefer bone in skin on chicken as well.  This was mostly something I'm practicing because my sister is a senior and would like some boneless breasts in the fridge so she can pack them for supper after her volleyball games.
T-Mo from Morris, MN (West Central MN)
AKA The Bear, Big Mo, Big Fuzz, The Viking
Smokin-It Model 3D
Cast Iron Lodge Sportsman Grill
Are electric smokers the mobile home of smokehouses?