Author Topic: Website - Data Missing  (Read 3141 times)

LarryD

• 3DW
Website - Data Missing
« on: July 11, 2017, 09:00:52 AM »
Alright... who has a direct line to Steve and whoever puts descriptions on the website?  There have been numerous questions lately about the size of this or the weight of that and this is all information that should be part of the product descriptions on the website.

* How much do the 2(d), 3(d) weigh?
* How tall are the stands?

I swear this information used to be there...  I'm pretty sure when I bought my stand it said both how tall the stand is and the total height of stand+smoker.

I know that I will often not buy from a site that doesn't give me details on the products.  Not having this info on the site seems like a serious omission.
------------------------------
See where the Smokin-It Forum Members are located: https://goo.gl/iFgTi1  -- Message me to be added...

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
Re: Website - Data Missing
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 09:43:02 PM »
You are right. The weight and other info should be there. It used to be on the old site, but looks like it got lost when launching the new site. Weight was very important to my buying decision, which is why I ordered the #1 rather than a larger unit. I noticed a number of broken links, etc when the website first launched. I sent a Personal Message to Tony (DivotMaker), and he forwarded my comments on to Steve or his web guy. Since Tony has been absent from the forum for a while, I would wait to see who else responds to this post and can do this for you. You could also just try emailing Steve directly through the contact section of the website, but I think it would be better if it came through a forum member or administrator.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 09:45:48 PM by SconnieQ »
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

Limey

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 09:49:34 PM »
Do we have an Administrator at present? Any volunteers- Kari?? David??
Roger from the Florida Keys.
Two SI#3s, both with switched bypass and Aubers(different locations), Viking, Jenn Aire & five TEC infra red grills. Recently acquired UDS.

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 10:22:19 PM »
I've notified Ben regarding the OP. Let's give it a little time.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus