Author Topic: Meat temperature probe problems  (Read 2146 times)

ccase39

Meat temperature probe problems
« on: February 01, 2017, 11:20:25 PM »
I got the Auber about 6 months ago and it worked great until I started getting an H reading on the meat probe side. I heard they are kind of delicate so I just went and ordered a new one. It worked fine twice but then I got the H reading again. I unplugged it from powersource and plugged it back in and it didn't help. Do I need to reprogram? What is the warranty on the Auber if I have to send it back?
Chris

Covington Louisiana

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
Re: Meat temperature probe problems
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 12:21:40 AM »
By all means, send it back to Auber. Their customer service has been pretty good. Go to their website and it describes the return process. The -H- in the window is telling you that it is not detecting the probe. You can even plug the box temp probe into the #2 port to verify that the problem is inside the Auber. My last repair that wasn't covered by warranty was $10.
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Meat temperature probe problems
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 09:31:55 PM »
Chris, are you submerging the probe in water when you clean it?  Also, are you letting it sit outside, when not in use?  If the probe end gets water in it, it will fail.  If the plug end gets moisture in it, it will read weird.  Not saying that's what's going on, just asking the questions.  It's amazing how many of these probes are sent back as "defective," and there's actually nothing wrong with them.  Sometimes, they just need to dry out.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!