Author Topic: Cheezeborger Cheezeborger!!  (Read 3536 times)

RG

Cheezeborger Cheezeborger!!
« on: January 24, 2017, 06:39:25 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZMds-QA95A

I didn't exactly make any double cheezeborgers, I did make some sliders. I also didn't do fries (no fries, chips!) and I did have a Coke, albeit Diet :P

My Wife has been feeling wonky due to some meds she's taking and hasn't had much of an appetite so rather than make a big honking burger, I made sliders. Pull up a chair at the counter and let's have some Cheezeborger Cheezeborger!

I ended up eating 3 and she ate 1. There's 2 left for either the dogs or our son, lol!

Thanks for looking at my cooking!
Jason from Conyers GA

TexasSMK

Re: Cheezeborger Cheezeborger!!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 07:01:42 PM »
Great looking Burgers sir!
Dale from NE Texas--USMC Retired--Living in Havre de Grace, Maryland.  SE#2 with Auber

RG

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 07:21:44 PM »
Thanks Dale, they were tasty little suckers!
Jason from Conyers GA

JustChillin

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 07:38:28 PM »
Good looking burgers. Maybe they should become the lucky food for the Super Bowl.
David from Roswell,GA. My tools currently include the SI #2 with an Auber, Grill Dome, Solaire 27", Holland Grill (Companion) & Weber (Smokey Joe). The Companion & SJ are primarily used for tailgating.

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 07:58:59 PM »
Of course you have a flat top on your grill. LOL!

I've been working up a hankerin for doing another slider bar with all the different toppings. Mushrooms, caramelized onions, mac & cheese, pastrami and grilled pineapple are always a list of the regulars.  Maybe add some chili since it is winter. 
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

RG

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 08:07:39 PM »
Of course you have a flat top on your grill. LOL!

I've been working up a hankerin for doing another slider bar with all the different toppings. Mushrooms, caramelized onions, mac & cheese, pastrami and grilled pineapple are always a list of the regulars.  Maybe add some chili since it is winter.

Dave, it's just my newest addition. It's a Camp Chef Flat Top Grill. I like it. That flat top also comes off and it becomes a regular gas grill, has regular grates under it. I can almost guarantee that it'll never be used as anything other than a flat top though.

As for the slider bar, I LOVE that idea! I may attempt something like that for the Super Bowl.

Good looking burgers. Maybe they should become the lucky food for the Super Bowl.

I'm good with that :)
Jason from Conyers GA

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 10:40:47 PM »
I went to the Billy Goat in Chicago back in the 80s, fully aware of all of the ordering rules from watching SNL. And for some reason...I ordered fries! I still don't know why I did that. I wasn't trying to be a smart ass. :o

"No Pepsi, Coke" is definitely a "newer" reference. The original was "No Coke, Pepsi", as in the original skits saying "Pepsi, Pepsi, Pepsi". As it turns out, the "real" restaurant (Billy Goat) really did change distributors from Pepsi to Coke, after SNL made them famous, so SNL incorporated that into their skits... "No Pepsi, Coke!" Many SNL cast members came from "Second City" in Chicago, so you often see several references to Chicago like this.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 10:51:08 PM by SconnieQ »
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

RG

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 02:02:04 AM »
Ah!! That's what I thought it was......."No Coke, Pepsi". It seemed weird when I saw the sign and them saying " No Pepsi, Coke". I was thinking they had it backwards, lol. Thanks for clearing that up, I thought I was losing what's left of my mind there for a bit :P
Jason from Conyers GA

Gene

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2017, 04:18:30 PM »
Hey Jason, Your postings are always helpful and your pictures always inspire!  Those burgers look great.
If you're ever in Chicago be sure and butt in to the Billy Goat.  It's easy to find.  Go to the Wrigley Building and look for the stairs near the street leading down to the lower level.  I think you would enjoy it  :)

Model 1
Central Illinois

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2017, 08:24:01 PM »
One of my all-time favorite SNL skits!  That original Second City crew was SO funny!  Those are some fine-lookin' cheezborgers!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!