Author Topic: Interesting read  (Read 2489 times)

icebob

Interesting read
« on: January 24, 2017, 12:21:08 PM »
will definitely try the #1 method...
http://amazingribs.com/tips_and_technique/sous-vide-que-with-the-big-chill.html
Bob from Cahokia, IL

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
Re: Interesting read
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 11:04:04 PM »
Great info on that site. One of the top sites for good info. Love the science. Dr. Blonder is an asset. I do appreciate the well researched and legitimate information. Don't care much for Meathead though. Even though mainstream media seem to consider him the authority on all things grilling and smoking. Read through a few comments sections where he contributes to the comments, and you will see what I mean. A@@#$&%. :( Method #1 seems like a lot of work. I've found that SV plus sear (#4) is incredible, SO much better than traditional steak cooking and fits my lifestyle, so I'll be sticking with that, unless I am hosting world leaders or something. :o
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 11:10:15 PM by SconnieQ »
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

icebob

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 09:23:41 AM »
I will take the time for the #1 when my 45 days dry aged NY strip are ready! I'm with you on the regular SV and sear method but,  once in a while, a special piece of meat will get the royal treatment!
Bob from Cahokia, IL

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 09:02:07 PM »
Great info on that site. One of the top sites for good info. Love the science. Dr. Blonder is an asset. I do appreciate the well researched and legitimate information. Don't care much for Meathead though. Even though mainstream media seem to consider him the authority on all things grilling and smoking. Read through a few comments sections where he contributes to the comments, and you will see what I mean. A@@#$&%. :( Method #1 seems like a lot of work. I've found that SV plus sear (#4) is incredible, SO much better than traditional steak cooking and fits my lifestyle, so I'll be sticking with that, unless I am hosting world leaders or something. :o

+1!  SV + sear is great, for me.  The sear burner, on my grill, give the finished steak the same taste as if I had grilled it from start to finish, and they are perfect & tender, every time! 

Not discounting the arduous #1 method, and will interested in your take on it, Bob!  I just don't see myself going to that much work for a steak, when what I'm doing now is delicious.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!