Author Topic: Food for football  (Read 18091 times)

JustChillin

Food for football
« on: January 19, 2017, 06:01:43 PM »
I am thinking of cooking some ribs for Sunday's  game (Falcons - Green Bay). We really like GB and their fans but needless to say hoping for a Falcons win. The best way to enjoy a weekend is smoking meat and watching football with friends and family.
David from Roswell,GA. My tools currently include the SI #2 with an Auber, Grill Dome, Solaire 27", Holland Grill (Companion) & Weber (Smokey Joe). The Companion & SJ are primarily used for tailgating.

RG

Re: Food for football
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 07:01:21 PM »
David, my man! Good to see a fellow Falcons fan on here! I think we will dominate Sunday and be on our way to the Super Bowl! At least that's what I WANT to happen. I don't think it'll be a low scoring affair either ;) I hope A-Rod doesn't outgun us, he's been on a roll lately but I trust in MR2 to get the job done :)

Good luck on the ribs, post some pics if you have a chance to take any. If you're like me, you'll be too busy to get any pics during all of the commotion.

Oh yeah.....GO FALCONS!!
Jason from Conyers GA

curegeorg

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 08:48:00 PM »
Two good matchups in the championships.  Green Bay and Pittsburgh are both on streaks and both are going up against teams with better records.  Hard to say who's going to win.  It would be nice to see Atlanta win it all considering the other three have won recently.
Coolio from Central NC

#3 with auber

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 01:54:52 AM »
I agree with the choice of ribs. I might be having that too. Disagree on the game though. GO PACK !!
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

RG

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 04:38:58 AM »
Kari, GB has zero chance. Make peace with it, lol! :P
Jason from Conyers GA

JustChillin

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 07:01:07 AM »
Kari - The Falcons are over due and deserve this one. I should be a fun game. BTW, I have an old die hard Cheesehead living across the street from me. Might invite him over for some ribs.
David from Roswell,GA. My tools currently include the SI #2 with an Auber, Grill Dome, Solaire 27", Holland Grill (Companion) & Weber (Smokey Joe). The Companion & SJ are primarily used for tailgating.

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2017, 11:02:16 AM »
I am not necessarily a Falcons fan, but I am rooting for them because the stupid Packers beat my Cowboys again! ;)
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

drains

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 12:22:55 PM »
I am not necessarily a Falcons fan, but I am rooting for them because the stupid Packers beat my Cowboys again! ;)

Same here.
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

SconnieQ

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 12:28:30 PM »
Man, I'm getting ganged up on here! Where's DM Tony when I need him! I can relate to Atlanta's plight. Packers fans lived it in the 70s, 80s, and 90s. But Rodgers isn't getting any younger, and with his talent, he should have had more titles (stupid Brady and his 4). Anyway, if Atlanta wins I will be rooting for them in the SB. Getting tired of NE winning all the time for sure. And the controversy that seems to always surround them. I like the Steelers as a team in general, but not when they are playing an NFC team. ;)
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

RG

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2017, 01:26:31 PM »
Man, I'm getting ganged up on here! Where's DM Tony when I need him! I can relate to Atlanta's plight. Packers fans lived it in the 70s, 80s, and 90s. But Rodgers isn't getting any younger, and with his talent, he should have had more titles (stupid Brady and his 4). Anyway, if Atlanta wins I will be rooting for them in the SB. Getting tired of NE winning all the time for sure. And the controversy that seems to always surround them. I like the Steelers as a team in general, but not when they are playing an NFC team. ;)

I will say that if GB wins, I will be behind them. Great team, well ran, well coached, one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game. They are a very dangerous team and Atlanta sports in general seem to be cursed so it will disappoint me if they (the Falcons) let me down yet again but it will not surprise me. As for NE, it's a dynasty. They have been so good for so long, controversy or not, it's amazing. I would LOVE to see the Steelers get past them though and to be honest, I think they will!

Here's to a great weekend of Football, time spent with friends and family and great food!!
Jason from Conyers GA

JustChillin

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2017, 01:32:55 PM »
I agree with Jason. While I much prefer the Falcons win this weekend, I will be pulling for GB  in the big game if they beat us. Happy smoking to all!

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2017, 02:32:06 PM »
+2 I will get behind the Packers if they beat the Falcons. I don't want to see either a Steelers or a Patriots win the Superbowl.

And while I agree that Rodgers is a great quarterback and probably a future Hall of Famer, I didn't realize that he was such a whiner. I don't watch many packers games because the stupid Vikings are on our networks every week (ugh!!!), so I don't get to watch their games that much. He whined so much he had the refs calling stupid crap the whole game. OK, that is enough of my own whining. Go NFC!!!
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

SconnieQ

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2017, 02:40:22 PM »
Here is Wisconsin, we don't call it whining, we call it "competitive" lol ;D
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2017, 09:42:37 PM »
Kari, GB has zero chance. Make peace with it, lol! :P

Heh...  You sound just like my Cowgirl buddies!  Hahaha!  Never underestimate Aaron Rodgers... Make peace with it!  ;D ;D
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2017, 09:45:42 PM »
Oh... and, baby backs and cheese queso/chips appetizer, for us, on Sunday!  Guess I could do some chickens and call them "smoked falcon!"  Haha!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!