Author Topic: How to post pictures?  (Read 5974 times)

Danbow

How to post pictures?
« on: January 14, 2017, 02:15:06 PM »
Instructions anyone?
Danny from Cowley County Kansas
Open fire tractor wheel griller, Oklahoma Joes stick smoker, Proud Smokin-it 3D wi-fi owner

Gene

Re: How to post pictures?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 05:52:53 PM »
I think this has worked for me:

Once you have started your post and are ready to add a picture open up another window.

Go to the folder where you saved your picture and right click on it and select copy.

Go back to your post and put your cursor where you want to put the picture and right click and select paste.

That should do it.  You may have to wait a bit when you copy and paste depending on the size of your picture but it will show up eventually.

Hope this helps.
Model 1
Central Illinois

SmokedGouda

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 09:18:02 PM »
I post from my phone most of the time and it's very easy. Check out the screen shots I attached
Phil from NJ
Beginner.
Model 2. Cold smoke plate. Jerky dryer.
Maverick ET-732

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 11:27:23 PM »
There is a sticky at the top of the page in this section dedicated to issues with posting pictures:

http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?topic=1272.0
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

LarryD

• 3DW
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 09:42:52 AM »
So... why doesn't this site accept the img tags for posting pictures, too?
------------------------------
See where the Smokin-It Forum Members are located: https://goo.gl/iFgTi1  -- Message me to be added...

Durangosmoker

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 11:58:33 AM »
It would be nice to have the ability to rotate images that you have posted, too.
Eric in New York's Hudson Valley, unless I can get out to Durango.
SI #1 in Durango, #2 in NY, and thinking about a 3D.

Danbow

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2017, 02:58:27 PM »
So I can post from my phone too? Thats good because thats where I take my oics from and it keeps me from having to transfer them to my desk top. Will give it a try.  Thanks
Open fire tractor wheel griller, Oklahoma Joes stick smoker, Proud Smokin-it 3D wi-fi owner

Danbow

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2017, 03:57:34 PM »
I went ahead this time and sent them to my laptop and then posted them using the sticky note at top of the thread. It worked well. I still son't know how to reduce the size so I could only post 2 at a time but maybe I'll get that figured out eventually.

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2017, 10:30:06 AM »
It would be nice to have the ability to rotate images that you have posted, too.

That would be a cool feature. But, until something like this could/would be added, we'll just have to rotate our images prior to uploading.

So... why doesn't this site accept the img tags for posting pictures, too?

Hi Larry, you can insert an image with the img tags too. You can hand-type them or just click the Insert Image button (just below the Bold button in the button toolbar). The key thing to remember is that forum uses square brackets around the img tags instead of left and right arrows. If you use the Insert Image button, you won't forget. :)

Here are some example of images shared with img tags and what the img tag should look like prior to posting. You can click the Preview button prior to posting to ensure that your image is displayed correctly.

This is what the image tag would look like.

Hopefully this helps.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

LarryD

• 3DW
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2017, 03:21:23 PM »
Hi Larry, you can insert an image with the img tags too.

I guess I was just rusty on my bbcode or had a typo the one time I tried.  I just tested and it worked fine.  Thanks for the sanity check.
------------------------------
See where the Smokin-It Forum Members are located: https://goo.gl/iFgTi1  -- Message me to be added...