Author Topic: International Shipping!  (Read 1948 times)

LM600

International Shipping!
« on: January 24, 2017, 09:46:31 AM »
I got all excited when I saw that there is mention of International Shipping on the website, alas not to the UK though!

Back to the drawing board for me!
Marcus from Milton Keynes, England.

Outside : Pro Q Excel 20. Brinkmann Grill. Various Cold Smoke Generators.
Indoors : Electric Lava Rock Grill.

old sarge

• Global Moderator
Re: International Shipping!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 10:33:02 AM »
That is too bad. Great smokers.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

LarryD

• 3DW
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 03:51:29 PM »
I wonder if it's just too complex (taxes)/expensive (shipping/insurance) to ship international or too risky (failure to pay, returns, damage)?  It seems like there would be some kind of organization where that is their business model.... they buy something in the U.S. that doesn't ship international and they they ship it to you.  Obviously, this wouldn't be cheap.
------------------------------
See where the Smokin-It Forum Members are located: https://goo.gl/iFgTi1  -- Message me to be added...

Moscowbni

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 06:11:05 AM »
It can be done!

I live in Kuwait, and used a 3rd party shipping company located in the USA to do the paperwork and ship my 2D here.  They used DHL Air Freight Express, and did all the paperwork, performed the customs clearance (export USA/import Kuwait), and delivered it to my door.  Cost almost more than the 2d...but it was my present for me and I was a very good boy last year.
I suppose that you can go direct to DHL freight and have them do the same, I was just unsure about the import paperwork and clearance required for Kuwait and didn't have the time to deal with any complications.  I'm sure that the UK would be much more straightforward.

One note that I'd highlight is that it runs on 110, not 220.  However, some of the paperwork mentions 220/110, and some only mentions 110. (I think that the heating element and the Auber have different design parameters.  One allows 110/220, and the other doesn't.  Can't remember which does which...but I have the 2D, and there is only one plug from the 2D box to the wall so it doesn't matter.  I use a transformer to convert my 220 down to 110 and it works fine.  Although the heating element only requires 800W, the transformer I found is for 2000W, and this works fine.

Hope this helps.
Stephen.  First time smoker owner, but now getting the hang of it.  Transplanted from the USA to Kuwait.  2d, Weber Genesis Gas Grill, enjoying learning how to make new stuff.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 09:04:14 PM »
Good to hear from you again, Marcus!  Maybe Stephen's method will help.  Great to see you're still with us! 
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!