Author Topic: Sunday project  (Read 5754 times)

icebob

Sunday project
« on: December 11, 2016, 04:29:52 PM »
Need to replenish the cheese stach...
Bob from Cahokia, IL

BedouinBob

• Let's Smoke Meat!
Re: Sunday project
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 06:17:56 PM »
That's going to be good.....  :)
Bob - Colorado Springs
NRA & USN

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 08:23:28 PM »
That's a lot of good-lookin' cheese, Bob! 
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Moscowbni

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 07:32:09 AM »
Bob, and the plan is/was?  Wood, temp, time, how to store, etc...
Inquiring minds want to know!!!!!!

An after picture?
Stephen.  First time smoker owner, but now getting the hang of it.  Transplanted from the USA to Kuwait.  2d, Weber Genesis Gas Grill, enjoying learning how to make new stuff.

icebob

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 08:21:28 AM »
I use the Amaze-n (  http://www.amazenproducts.com/product_p/amns6x6.htm ) smoker, the SI is not turn on... smoked for 5 hrs. I vacuum pack everything and it will last a long time in the fridge. I still have some from last year that taste awesome. Here's after pic and the lot all packed
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 10:17:59 AM by icebob »
Bob from Cahokia, IL

BedouinBob

• Let's Smoke Meat!
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 10:32:09 AM »
Looks great Bob!
Bob - Colorado Springs
NRA & USN

icebob

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2016, 11:31:45 AM »
Now the hard part, waiting 4 weeks before taste test!
Bob from Cahokia, IL

EFGM

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2016, 07:02:09 PM »
Awesome Bob!
Looking at your pictures I am going to make 2 changes my next Cheese smoke. 1) I've always wondered how those round strips would do and now I'm going to do some, thanks for that. And 2) I usually buy the 2.5# packages of Tallimook from SAMs and Costco. The Mild Cheddar from Costco and Pepper Jack from SAMs. The idea I got from you picture is to change the way I slice them. I'm going to cut them in long strips vs the short. No a biggy, but should be a little easier to put in vac packages as I always do 2 to a package anyway. I did for the first time smoke slices for Christmas Eve gathering. For use with sliders. Then 20#s, 10 of each Cheddar and Pepper Jack. Thanks for posting! I think we both enjoy cheese.
Doug
Doug
Carrollton
A Briskitarian with Briskititus
#4D w/Big Red Upgrade: PG1000: Fireboard

"SMOKIN-IT CARES"

icebob

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2016, 08:13:22 PM »
Aldi is a nice source for cheese for smoking...
Bob from Cahokia, IL

EFGM

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2016, 10:26:41 PM »
Aldi, I will check them out soon never would have thought about them for cheese. Thanks Bob.
Doug
Carrollton

"SMOKIN-IT CARES"

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2016, 10:02:28 PM »
Looks like I'm going to have to check out Aldi's... haven't been there in years because I was unimpressed back then.  Sounds like they've changed!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2016, 11:38:50 AM »
Seems like Aldi's is more consistent in their product offerings than they use to be. I remember the days when it was about 75% different every week, depending on what they could buy in huge quantities. Now they have a lot of the staples all of the time, with a smattering of odds and ends. They even have their own "store brand". Beef is all Choice from what I have seen. Some pretty good name brand bread choices. Decent prices if you don't want to buy the huge Costco quantities. I don't go there every week, but they have some really great sales on meats and produce. Still gotta put your quarter in the cart, and bring your own bags. I love that though. Those carts are never sitting around in the parking lot! It's amazing how people don't value 25 cents these days in their everyday lives, but when it's an actual quarter coin, that cart gets returned!
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

EFGM

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2016, 01:22:04 PM »
I must have visited my local Aldi's on the wrong day. I will give them a week or so and try again.
Doug
Carrollton

"SMOKIN-IT CARES"

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2016, 05:25:56 PM »
Going on the right day is everything with Aldi. I still haven't figured it out, when their deliveries are...for what...which products...and how they coincide with their sales flyers. I'm hoping there are some Aldi veterans on this site that can help us with that. Obviously the Aldi pros have been getting the better of me.
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

icebob

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2016, 09:52:39 AM »
Tried the cheese string last night.... (almost 2 weeks in) was hard not to open a second pack :)
Bob from Cahokia, IL