Author Topic: Will the Briner JR, hold either one Butt, Turkey Breast, or Ham?  (Read 2777 times)

Papa Rick

Will the Briner JR, hold either one Butt, Turkey Breast, or Ham?
« on: November 18, 2016, 11:02:47 PM »
Saw where I get a four pack of these at a good price (I believe ?)

http://shop.thebriner.com/The-Briner-Jr-4-Pack-TB1105.htm

Wanting to make sure they will hold what I am needing to bring when I get ready to do the Turkey Day stuff?

Advice and suggestions greatly appreciated.
Richard from NE Alabama  # 2 smoker

Glock_21

Re: Will the Briner JR, hold either one Butt, Turkey Breast, or Ham?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 08:48:38 PM »
One butt fits fine.  Hams should too.  I've never tried a turkey in the Briner Jr.

Travis from North Central Oklahoma
SI #3 with Bella Smoke Generator, Traeger Texas Grill, Kamado Joe Classic 3 and Joe Jr, Anova WiFi 900 watt

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 07:32:39 PM »
You should be good on anything up to about 10 lbs, and the size of a 10 lb pork butt.  You will not fit a larger turkey in the Jr.  I brine my turkeys in a cooler, surrounded by ice bags.  Same for large briskets.  My Jr. is used for pork loins, butts, tenderloins, ribs, beef/deer jerky, chickens (whole & parts), etc...  Briskets and whole turkeys get a bath in the cooler.  The full-size Briner will accept a whole turkey, but I don't have the real estate in the fridge for it. 

I'd like to have another Jr., but not sure I'd ever need 4 of them.  Great price, though!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Papa Rick

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 06:03:36 PM »
Thanks Travis and Tony, I will be ordering the 4 pack special on Friday. Hopefully they will be having some type of Black Friday Special??

Was not sure was going to do this, but decided after my brining bag sprung a leak today!  Had it in a pan so no mess, but still would be better in the Briner Junior.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 07:54:05 PM »
Nothing worse than a blowout on a bag during a brine! :o   Been there, done that!  Like I said, that's a great price for 4!  Keep a couple, and give a couple to friends/family that cook!  Two Christmas presents out of the way!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Papa Rick

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 09:12:48 PM »
Thanks Tony.

Papa Rick

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 03:44:51 PM »
Got the 4 Briner Buckets yesterday and put them to good use today.  I got 4 Butts yesterday on my home from Vacation and mixed up the Brine solution and they are AWESOME!!  I was able to use them on all four butts,  7.12, 7.15, 6.38, and 7.88 pounds.