Author Topic: Where are you guys getting your Searzall Torches?  (Read 5463 times)

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
Where are you guys getting your Searzall Torches?
« on: July 13, 2016, 02:52:20 PM »
I used to have this in my favorites list on Amazon and I think it was like $67 or something like that. But, I just noticed that it is now showing as $264.99 on Amazon.

Unless production is just too low to keep up demand, there has to be a better place to purchase. Otherwise, I'll just wait and hopefully the Amazon price will go down again.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Where are you guys getting your Searzall Torches?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 10:31:30 PM »
Well, that's disheartening, Gregg!  I bought mine on Amazon for $75, but see it is currently unavailable.  I checked the Searzall website, and the "Buy on Amazon" link brings up the same page (showing unavailable).  I hope they're not going under.  It's a good device, and I would hate to see it fail!

I found This Article, from Eater magazine, that said Dave Arnold (the cocktail wizard from Booker & Dax, in NY City) was selling a "limited amount" of the Searzall.  I'll do a little more research, to see what I can find.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 03:51:13 AM »
Oh no. I still need to get one of those.
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 12:42:27 PM »

I just checked and Amazon had them back in stock for $75.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L2P0KNO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It says there were 5 in stock with more on the way. Maybe 4 in stock after I just bought mine. ;)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 02:20:18 AM by NDKoze »
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

SconnieQ

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 03:11:13 PM »

I just checked and Amazon had them back in stock for $75.

http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?topic=2151.0

It says there were 5 in stock with more on the way. Maybe 4 in stock after I just bought mine. ;)

Out of stock now until July 23. Missed it again...
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 03:13:41 PM »
Dang! It said July 17th earlier today. It does say that you can order it now though.
Gregg - Fargo, ND

SconnieQ

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2016, 03:23:28 PM »
Dang! It said July 17th earlier today. It does say that you can order it now though.

Yeah. Might do that. Amazon often gets things in earlier than they say. I'm in no big hurry. And the 23rd isn't that far out.
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2016, 09:40:19 PM »
Well, maybe they're only building a few at a time!  That's better than none, or out of business!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

SconnieQ

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2016, 01:16:30 AM »
I know you are not a big fan of the cooking channels Tony, but Searzalls have been showing up pretty frequently just lately on Food Network. Almost like the latest professional gadget, used by popular chefs on the most popular shows. I'm guessing sales might have picked up because of that, creating a shortage.
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

Durangosmoker

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2016, 11:18:43 AM »
Now says "Currently Unavailable", and they don't know when or if more will become available.  If it is the gadget of the month on cooking shows, though, they more likely are just having production issues rather than going out of business.  I'm surprised a copycat product hasn't appeared yet.
Eric in New York's Hudson Valley, unless I can get out to Durango.
SI #1 in Durango, #2 in NY, and thinking about a 3D.

EFGM

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2016, 10:14:01 PM »
They are available again, at least right now.
Doug
Carrollton
A Briskitarian with Briskititus
#4D w/Big Red Upgrade: PG1000: Fireboard

"SMOKIN-IT CARES"