Author Topic: Reheat Brisket  (Read 2379 times)

johnnytex

Reheat Brisket
« on: July 02, 2016, 03:14:00 PM »
Gotta reheat today's brisket tomorrow using the Anova.
Anyone got time and temperature?
Thanks in advance.
Tex From Ennis, TX

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
Re: Reheat Brisket
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 04:16:57 PM »
THE best way to reheat ANYTHING. For brisket, I would set it to 145, and time really doesn't matter. You could go as little as 1 hour, or 12 hours (or even a couple days, but don't know why you'd want to for reheating). For reheating something like tri-tip (beef cooked medium rare) or anything that is cooked to a lower temperature, set the Anova to the desired final temperature that the meat was cooked (such as 125-130), and sous vide for 1-2 hours.
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Reheat Brisket
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 08:38:54 PM »
If you're reheating from frozen, Tex, add 30 minutes.  You can do that for frozen, vac-packed raw meat that you're going to cook, also.  I pre-package steaks and chicken (seasoning, butter, etc.), then freeze them.  When I cook them, I just add 30 min to the time, and it works great!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!