Author Topic: $50 Disount on Anova Sous Vide and Target Announcement  (Read 13607 times)

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
Re: $50 Disount on Anova Sous Vide and Target Announcement
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2016, 05:30:55 PM »
www.woot.com had this for sale a week ago.  Sorry, forgot the price.  Will probably be back on again.

They are a division (owned) by amazon.

Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2016, 08:33:46 PM »
Not really sure that the wifi is worth it except for the wow factor.

It is to me.  I often control & monitor my cooker away from the house (especially on 2-3 day cooks).  I can tell if the power went out, or if I need to adjust time or temp.  I control mine with the phone app, no matter where I am, and I find that invaluable!  If you don't need to remotely control it, you don't need WiFi.  It's all about each person's needs.

One more thing... I have never been able to get mine to connect with Bluetooth!  It keeps asking for a stupid code that I don't know!  I downloaded an app called Anova Remote, when I had some WiFi issues, and it connects great.  The Anova Bluetooth part of the app is terrible, imo.  They may have fixed it, but I haven't tried it.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 08:36:50 PM by DivotMaker »
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2016, 04:12:38 PM »
I used to think that WiFi was not necessary if you were always in your home, and within range. But I have since changed my mind, not just for Anova, but all bluetooth thermometers, etc. I have found bluetooth so unreliable in almost every situation (constant disconnects and reconnects), even in ranges which were supposed to work, but didn't, that I will never buy another bluetooth only device. WiFi or bust.
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide