Author Topic: $50 Disount on Anova Sous Vide and Target Announcement  (Read 12931 times)

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
$50 Disount on Anova Sous Vide and Target Announcement
« on: June 27, 2016, 10:28:01 AM »
Here is the coupon code to use for $50 off on the Anova website.
anova-2csdtb23 (Edit: this code has now been used up. See posts below for more codes)

This is about the best discount you will find on this product. I don't see an expiration date in the email I received, so I think it lasts for quite a while. Here is the web version of the announcement if you want to read it. I'm wondering what the price will be at Target, but I doubt if it will be less than $149.
http://us7.campaign-archive2.com/?u=72f115d810b617d748ce4cf45&id=e2197dfe11&e=cb3c53dbc9
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 11:50:51 PM by SconnieQ »
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

GarthMN

Re: $50 Disount on Anova Sous Vide and Target Announcement
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 10:36:32 AM »
Nice work!  Been waiting for a deal to pull the trigger on this.  Thank you!
Garth from Minneapolis
SI Model #1

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 10:45:01 AM »
OK, OK, I have been beaten down by all of the impressive results from this device and this discount allowed me to pull the trigger. I had been resisting that as I didn't really think it is something that I would use. But, I am a sucker for kitchen/cooking equipment. I had been holding off because I knew they regularly had deals and figured that someone like Kari would put a code out there for us.

So thanks, Kari!

I think I'll try a Chuck Roast for the first experiment. I already have an 18qt Cambro container that I use for brining, so I think I'll just get another lid that I can cut the hole in for the Anova.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

drains

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 01:23:00 PM »
Should I get wifi or Bluetooth? Bluetooth is 20 dollars less.
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

SconnieQ

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 02:07:10 PM »
I have WiFi. But admittedly I rarely use the WiFi connection. It's not something you need to "control" or monitor from a remote location. Pretty much set it and forget it. You can use the timer on your phone or elsewhere instead. I just feel that the WiFi will better serve me into the future, since I assume the Bluetooth version will be discontinued someday, and it was only 20 bucks extra. I know Tony (DM) uses the WiFi features and likes it.
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

BedouinBob

• Let's Smoke Meat!
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 02:32:43 PM »
I pretty much have to use wifi since bluetooth gives me all kinds of "holes" around the house.
Bob - Colorado Springs
NRA & USN

SconnieQ

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 02:41:44 PM »
That's a good point. Bluetooth has pretty poor range. I lose connections around my house too with my bluetooth devices.
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2016, 02:43:03 PM »
I got the WIFI because I figured for just $20 more I might like to be able to be track while I am gone. Or also because Bluetooth coverage even within a house can be sketchy unless you are close to the unit.

Here is some other information I found on their site:

What has changed in the WI-FI model?
The WI-FI model uses the same internals as the Precision Cooker Bluetooth with one important addition - WI-FI functionality.

Is there an upgrade option to exchange my Bluetooth device for a WI-FI one?
We are not currently offering any upgrade paths from Anova Precision Cooker Bluetooth to Anova Precision Cooker WI-FI.

Can I upgrade the firmware on my Bluetooth device to make it WI-FI compatible?
The upgrade to WI-FI is a hardware upgrade, not a software upgrade. The Bluetooth device does not have a WI-FI chip.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

drains

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2016, 04:49:06 PM »
Tried to order mine about 3pm and when I entered the coupon code for the discount it came back with coupon code has reached it usage limit. Entered it again and same thing. Oh well there's always next time. Thanks for the heads up Kari! I should have been quicker to take advantage of the deal.
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2016, 04:54:44 PM »
After I ordered my Anova, I received this code to give out:

anova-d8s38t5d

Give it a try and see if it works.
Gregg - Fargo, ND

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2016, 07:38:09 PM »
Too bad they decided to partner with Target.  I will NEVER set foot in a Target, or spend another dime there, but won't get into that, to keep with forum guidelines to avoid politics.  Too bad they didn't pick a better vendor.  But, the $149 price, direct, is fantastic!

Now, with that said, let me add that the WiFi, I believe, is the way to go.  Not only do you have it around the house, but I love monitoring the unit away from the house (on those multi-day cooks).  It's nice to know if the power goes out, or be able to reset time or temp on the fly!  I've adjusted end times, if I mis-guessed the finish time.  Cool unit, and well-worth the full price, but a deal is even better!!

Just like recommending the #3...go for features you may not think you need now, but will enjoy, once you have! ;)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

SconnieQ

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2016, 08:02:03 PM »
The code provided by NDKoze still works:
anova-d8s38t5d

Here's what I think is going on. The code provided in the email I received sounds like it is a "friends" code. So it maybe has a limited number of purchases (maybe 2 or 3?), and then it won't work. Try the code above provided by NDKoze Gregg. And if anyone else gets a unique code from this offer, or if you buy one and receive a code for a friend like NDKoze Gregg did, please pass it along.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 08:06:18 PM by SconnieQ »
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

DivotMaker

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2016, 08:05:43 PM »
You're onto something, Kari!  The code I got was:

anova-cst4f383

They're tracking the owner's codes!
Tony from NW Arkansas
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi

SconnieQ

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2016, 08:07:33 PM »
So codes that probably still work as of now:
anova-d8s38t5d
anova-cst4f383
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

DivotMaker

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2016, 08:09:56 PM »
So codes that probably still work as of now:
anova-d8s38t5d
anova-cst4f383

We just made Anova a bunch of $$$ ;)
Tony from NW Arkansas