Author Topic: Pork Loin and Baby Backs  (Read 1790 times)

Glock_21

Pork Loin and Baby Backs
« on: May 30, 2016, 02:13:58 PM »

The #3 is getting a workout this weekend.  Pork loin and baby backs for this round.

I mixed up a batch of Tony's pork loin brine and let it soak for around 12 hrs.  Cut into two pieces for easier handling.  I also wanted to try two different rubs.  The loins went on the #3 along with 2 slabs of baby back ribs.  The patio smells of awesomeness.

Travis from North Central Oklahoma
SI #3 with Bella Smoke Generator, Traeger Texas Grill, Kamado Joe Classic 3 and Joe Jr, Anova WiFi 900 watt

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Pork Loin and Baby Backs
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 08:00:18 PM »
It's like Porkapalooza!  Nice, Travis!  I had to work this weekend, and have afterhour phones tonight, so no rest, or porkapalooza for me this weekend. :(   Sure looks tasty!!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Glock_21

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 08:58:44 PM »

Tony's brine is the bomb for pork loin.  I started with one large loin from Sam's, cut it in two pieces to make it easier to handle and to use two different rubs.  Flavor was excellent but I overcooked it.  I had no idea that it would cook as fast as it did.  It had hit 154 before I knew it.  It was still very good.  I hate to think of how dry it would have been without the brine.  Lesson learned for next time.

Travis from North Central Oklahoma
SI #3 with Bella Smoke Generator, Traeger Texas Grill, Kamado Joe Classic 3 and Joe Jr, Anova WiFi 900 watt

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 09:41:29 PM »
Oh, Man, that's some fine-lookin' loin!  Nice job, Travis!!  Yeah, loins actually go pretty fast.  I take mine to 145, then give them that good 'ol reverse sear on the grill!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!