Author Topic: Just a Another Thursday Night Dinner  (Read 2530 times)

RG

Just a Another Thursday Night Dinner
« on: May 26, 2016, 08:49:15 PM »
After I was done earning my keep today, I went by the store to pick up some Flour, San Marzano Tomatoes and Cheese for tomorrow night's dinner (yep, making more pizza, lol). While I was there I figured I'd get some goodies for tonight as well. I asked my wife what she wanted and she texted back "Filets". For a second I thought I was going to get off cheap! I can run by Micky D's and get her a Filet'o'fish for like $3!! Nope, she don't want no stikin' Filet'o'fish! She wanted Filet Mignon. Of course she did :P

So, I picked up a couple as well as some boneless chicken breast (one for tonight and the rest vac sealed for later), a whole chicken for smoking at some point, a 13.xx pound choice brisket to smoke along with the Snake River Farms brisket, shrooms, bakers and some nice multigrain bread to bake. Oh, I almost forgot! There was even a salad in there, lol.

I marinated the steaks for a bit in Landshark Lager, dried them off and coated with EVOO and kosher salt and coarse black pepper. The chicken was butterflied (poorly, lol) and marinated in Italian dressing for a few hours. While all that was going on, I made some pizza sauce and dough for tomorrow night. I also fried up some Wright Brand Applewood Smoked Bacon to go on the salad and baked potatoes!

Steaks and chicken thrown on my Wife's Broil King Keg 5000 and she handled the duties of that. I threw the salad together with some Roma tomatoes, cucumbers and various lettuces with a cheese blend and then baked the loaf of bread right about the time the grill items were done. The picture is of my Wife's plate (she did not eat it all!). It's Filet, Chicken, Salad with Ranch, Sauteed Shrooms (a little bacon fat, butter, granulated garlic, pepper), tater, warm bread.

Not a bad Thursday meal I'd say.

Jason from Conyers GA

Nimrod

Re: Just a Another Thursday Night Dinner
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 09:34:17 PM »
Impressive RG!  Makes my night look pretty boring.

I have used that Landshark Lager to marinate my pizza before ;) ;)
Dave from Lufkin, TX
Smokin-It #2
Weber Genesis and one shop built offset (certified) sanctuary for red wasps

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 10:18:31 PM »
Nice!  I see the Wagyu brisket expectation has elevated Mrs. RG's tastes!  Filet mignon?  Hehe!  Better start looking for a night job, Jason...you may have created a monster! ???
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

RG

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 06:55:56 AM »
It could've been worse I guess, it could've been Wagyu Filets!! :P
Jason from Conyers GA

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 07:26:48 PM »
Excellent point! :o
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 08:09:17 AM »
Looks like a feast!

Greg

BedouinBob

• Let's Smoke Meat!
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2016, 10:50:13 AM »
Wow Jason, that is just picture book perfect.  :)
Bob - Colorado Springs
NRA & USN