Author Topic: New model 1 problems  (Read 7108 times)

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
Re: New model 1 problems
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2016, 10:32:07 AM »
+1 for Smokinlicious. Get the variety box (3 woods) of double filet (you can ask for a couple samples of other woods in the comments section too! I asked for samples of Red Oak and Ash). Hickory, Cherry and Maple are a good combo to have on hand for almost everything. I've also become a big fan recently of Red Oak on beef. Mavericks are popular with the BBQ crowd, since they've been around for a long time, and are known for their accuracy, but the ThermoPro looks to be pretty much the same thing. I've had my Maverick ET-732 for 4 years, still working great and accurate.
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

drains

Re: New model 1 problems
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2016, 05:42:42 PM »
+2 for smokinlicious and the maverick. Personally use both and no complaints.  Had my maverick about a year and still as good as day 1. Get a small scale to weigh your wood too because it can make a big difference. Wally World has kitchen scales for just a few bucks.

Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3