Author Topic: Brisket again on the good old trusty #3  (Read 3659 times)

RG

Brisket again on the good old trusty #3
« on: March 20, 2016, 07:40:38 PM »
In yet another instance of trying to experiment in my brisket preparation I offer you my latest test subject. We ate some and the rest of the point will be frozen as will 2 pounds of mixed point and flat to make brisket chili at some point in the future. For now, take a gander at this rascal!

My son made a sammy out of it using some of the fatty (point) and put it on some grilled sourdough with 2 fried green tomatoes, melted cheddar, devil's spit pickles, raw onion and a little "Southern Sweet" BBQ sauce. He said it was tasty. I'll take his word ;)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 09:33:56 PM by RG »
Jason from Conyers GA

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
Re: Brisket again on the good old trusy #3
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 07:46:41 PM »
Looks perfect! I'm seeing a Morton TenderQuick ring. ;) Nice job on just the right size ring.
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

RG

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 08:07:55 PM »
Yep, I like taking pictures (as you know by now) and that TQ does a nice job. I know it doesn't make it taste better but it does make it look better. I like doing pink salt when I brine, like in Tony's brine, not needed but it's for show ;)

I sprinkle it all over the brisket that is already wet from when I inject it, I rub it all over and let it sit for 15 minutes then rinse it off. I've done it 2 times now and both times got about a 1/4" ring. Works for me!
Jason from Conyers GA

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 08:35:02 PM »
Man, that's a beautiful briskie!  I saw it on FB, and wondered if it was SI!  Very nice!!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

RG

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 08:55:26 PM »
Man, that's a beautiful briskie!  I saw it on FB, and wondered if it was SI!  Very nice!!

Yep, I have plenty of choices for smoking but I love my #3, what can I say?   ;D
Jason from Conyers GA

NVW-SSV

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2016, 08:56:31 PM »
Hat's off to you sir.  THAT looks DELICIOUS!!!
Jody from western NC

Smokin' It #2 - Auber 1200 & bypassed
3.5D Wifi (07/18)

BedouinBob

• Let's Smoke Meat!
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2016, 01:16:22 PM »
Jason, you just made my mouth water. Nicely done!
Bob - Colorado Springs
NRA & USN

DivotMaker

Re: Brisket again on the good old trusty #3
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2016, 09:58:34 PM »
I'd put those pics in any BBQ/food magazine in the world, because they are world-class! 8)
Tony from NW Arkansas
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi

drains

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2016, 03:56:29 AM »
Man Jason you've done it again! Great pics of a food category that I love. The pics are so detailed I find myself wanting to lick the screen on my iPad! I know I won't live to see it but I hope one day someone invents smellevision or a scratch and sniff screen for us foodies.  Oh heck now I gotta go to the Store and get a brisket because I can't stand it anymore!  Lucky for me HEB has briskets on sale this week for 1.47 a pound. I think I'll help the manager open up this morning at 6 a.m. Head for the meat market and load up. No Easter Bunny for me I want some cow!
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

RG

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2016, 06:10:23 AM »
You guys are cracking me up, lol!! Drains, if I could buy briskets that cheap I'd have a freezer full! That is ridiculously low, I am officially jealous :P
Jason from Conyers GA

DivotMaker

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2016, 08:16:58 PM »
Dale, my sister lives in West Columbia, so I'm familiar with "The Heb," as they call it!  Great price!!
Tony from NW Arkansas