Author Topic: Pizza Night at Casa de RG -lotsa pictures-  (Read 2856 times)

RG

Pizza Night at Casa de RG -lotsa pictures-
« on: March 05, 2016, 10:21:58 PM »
My Daughter is home from college on Spring Break (even though it's not spring, go figure!). One of the things she enjoys is homemade pizza. It's a slight challenge since she's gone Vegan. She normally just does a vegan cheese pizza with banana peppers, artichoke hearts, spinach, black olives, tomatoes or any combination thereof. Tonight I told her to google some vegan recipes and she found one that required a pistachio pesto made with mustard greens or similar. I talked her into using Kale so that's what we did. A Pesto pizza with a sauteed mushroom mix (Cremini, shiitake and bellas). We added artichoke hearts as well. No cheese.

I had saved some brisket from my last one just for the purpose of making pizzas. I made a BBQ brisket pie with red onions, bacon and jalapeno for my Son and one just like it for myself but used banana peppers in place of the japs. My Wife's pizza used pizza sauce (no bbq) and topped with pep & shrooms. Lastly I made another to share with my son that had regular pizza sauce, chopped brisket, some homemade sausage, red onion, bell pepper and bacon. All were made using my homemade dough that is always a big hit. I love it, very tasty stuff and a great way to spend time with the family. I made the skins and let everybody top'em and my wife did the baking duties on her Keg.

Thanks for lookin'!!!
Jason from Conyers GA

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Pizza Night at Casa de RG -lotsa pictures-
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 10:52:42 PM »
Nice looking pies, Jason!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

RG

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 08:49:07 AM »
Nice looking pies, Jason!
Thanks! They were tasty little guys. Each one was about a 10" pie, enough to fill up one person. We still have plenty left for snacking today so it's a win win!!
Jason from Conyers GA

RG

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 06:31:07 PM »
A couple of pics of a slice of my brisket pizza. I love the way a pizza stone browns the crust!

Jason from Conyers GA

BedouinBob

• Let's Smoke Meat!
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 09:36:18 AM »
Great looking pizzas Jason!
Bob - Colorado Springs
NRA & USN

RG

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 02:14:01 PM »
Thanks Bob! It's not something I need to eat everyday but I probably could :P
Jason from Conyers GA

drains

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016, 09:16:28 PM »
Great looking grub Jason! Man that looks like perfect pizza. Once again your pics made my mouth water.
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 02:06:51 AM »
Somehow you managed to get the uncooked, and cooked pizza pictures in the exact same position/rotation. :D
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

RG

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2016, 07:07:07 AM »
Great looking grub Jason! Man that looks like perfect pizza. Once again your pics made my mouth water.
Why thank you! I guess I accomplished what I set out to do then lol

Somehow you managed to get the uncooked, and cooked pizza pictures in the exact same position/rotation. :D
Pretty close eh? It was a happy accident :)
Jason from Conyers GA