Author Topic: Newbie here with a question about my 3D  (Read 1504 times)

clay143

Newbie here with a question about my 3D
« on: February 13, 2016, 05:25:16 PM »
Hello to all!  I recently got my 3D, and decided to smoke a whole chicken today.  I decided to just run one of the pre programmed settings on the pid controller.  It was supposed to go to 350 degrees, but when the temp gets to about 290 it starts a constant beep and the display on the left shows AH1.  What the heck is going on?  Thanks in advance for the help!

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Newbie here with a question about my 3D
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 06:59:26 PM »
Hi Clay!  Congrats on the 3D!

You got one from the first batch of D models.  What you are getting is the "high temperature" alarm (default program is 290).  This is a program that can be set differently.

Press, and hold, the "SET" button until "Lck" is in the left window.  Then, use the "+" button to dial-in 188 in the right window.  Press SET again.  You will see AH1, in the left window.  Dial in 375 in the right window, with the + button.  Now, cycle through the rest of the settings, using the SET button, and you'll be good to go!

There was confusion, on the high-temp alarm setting on the first run of the D models.  This will fix your issue!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!