Author Topic: Auber Autotune  (Read 1979 times)

camanosalmon

• SalmonGuy
Auber Autotune
« on: February 04, 2016, 11:26:02 PM »
DivotMaker,
HiTony! Just finished a great salmon smoke but wasn't satisfied with the settings of my SI#2. Finished temp for probe 2 appeared to off by about 15 degrees. Checked my PID values and they were all over the place, nothing like the readings posted in this Auber section. You took me through the process last year, but I must have messed something up during the process.
I went back through the instructions...by the way, great job of rewriting them, especially Step 3.
I did two autotunes today, about six hours apart. Used three bricks on the top shelf with Probe 1, a pan of water by the wood box (no wood in the box). Ambient temp 56 degrees.
Morning readings        P 69  I 395  D174
Afternoon readings      P 65  I 424  D178 
The PID readings appear very consistent. Question...most the info in this section shows I readings
in the 600-800 range for an SI#2. Are my autotune readings okay?
You guys all provide great input when questions arise. On to Canadian bacon this weekend.
Many thanks,
Bob

Bob from Camano Island, WA

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Auber Autotune
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 07:12:34 PM »
Hi Bob,

If it's holding temps steady, you're numbers are fine!  Every smoker & element can produce different numbers.  As you've seen, even ambient temps can play a factor (because it will effect how fast the box heats and cools).  If you have any more issues, let me know!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!