Author Topic: Temperatures to use for different cuts  (Read 2867 times)

Candy

Temperatures to use for different cuts
« on: January 14, 2016, 01:31:35 PM »
I am a new smoker. What I need to know is the different temps for things such as beef roast, ribs, pork butts, chicken, and brisket. Also need to know how long to smoke per lb for each of these. I know I am asking a lot but have no idea how to get started. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
Re: Temperatures to use for different cuts
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 02:07:05 PM »
Hello Candy, and welcome to the Smokin-It Forums from ND!

I think this is what you are looking for:
http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?topic=2151.0
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 02:11:36 PM »
I would also check out the What to do when it arrives and Basics for Beginners sections listed below:
What to do when it arrives
Basics for Beginners
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

Limey

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 03:02:55 PM »
Candy, welcome to the forum from the Keys. Lots of friendly, knowledgeable folks here. Invest a little time poking around and you will soon be producing great Q.
Roger from the Florida Keys.
Two SI#3s, both with switched bypass and Aubers(different locations), Viking, Jenn Aire & five TEC infra red grills. Recently acquired UDS.

kz0m

• Carl
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 05:04:18 PM »
Welcome Candy from DFW Texas area.  I have those same sheets printed off and that's what I use for temps,times and even woods, enjoy the smoker and the forum, this is where I have learned a lot in 2 months of smoking meats!
Carl-D/FW area of Texas.  Model #3D on top of Sears Craftsman tool cart.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 07:09:37 PM »
Hi Candy, and welcome to "Club Lazy Q!"  You've found the best smoker, and "one-stop shop" for all your pit master needs!  If you spend some time with us, we'll point you in the right direction and turn you into a pro in no time! 

Start with the references posted above.  When you decide on your first smoke, find a recipe that looks good (or ask us and we'll direct you to one), then try to duplicate the prep and process.  Once you get a few smokes under your belt, you'll have a good feel for the smoker, then you can get creative.  At first, try to repeat what we know "works."  You will, literally, be amazed at how easy it all can be, and what great food you'll make right out of the gate!

Great to have you with us!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!