Author Topic: Initial Seasoning  (Read 2929 times)

SUMORAY

Initial Seasoning
« on: January 01, 2016, 05:26:12 PM »
I followed the directions precisely. When setting the original temp for seasoning . It reads 250 on the left and an H on the right. Just curious - in the directions I set the C1 and time to 4.0. Any help appreciated. Either way I'm doing it 4 hours

Thanks in advance

Mike

Re: Initial Seasoning
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 05:58:58 PM »
The "H" shows that you have not connected the second probe. The left side is the temp of the unit. The right window is used for the second probe which is normally placed into the meat...this is normal.

Mike
Mike Z. Lincoln University, PA
#2 and Weber Char.

SUMORAY

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 06:01:19 PM »
thank you Mike !

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 10:43:52 AM »
Additionally, when not using the meat probe, one can hit the "time" button and the "-H-" will go into clock mode so that one can see where he/she is in the time setting. 
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

ArsenalFan

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 11:29:42 PM »
Additionally, when not using the meat probe, one can hit the "time" button and the "-H-" will go into clock mode so that one can see where he/she is in the time setting.
I think that I figured this out - hitting the "time" button...but then the red light goes on, and I guess I'm just brainwashed into thinking red = bad...I mean, when the element is on the green light is on, so YAY, my meat is getting cooked low-and-slow...but when I hit the "time" button and the red light goes on, I immediately think "this thing is going to blow up when the timer is done".  OK, so maybe that's just me...
Ben
Solon, OH
Smokin-It #3D
MES30 (using as cold-smoker...nevermind, fixed)
MES40 (currently used as a re-wiring project)

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2016, 10:02:15 PM »
Deep breaths, Ben...deep breaths!  I promise it won't blow up! ;)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!