Author Topic: Short Ribs!  (Read 1800 times)

BedouinBob

• Let's Smoke Meat!
Short Ribs!
« on: December 07, 2015, 01:36:35 PM »
This is a project I have been wanting to try for a while so this weekend I took a 4 rib plate of short ribs and applied a mixture of yellow mustard and a little pickle juice before adding Dalmatian rub and garlic powder. Into the smoker with 6 oz of mesquite and a pan of water. I also inserted an internal probe into the thickest part of the meat to see how that would do. I set the smoker to 235 and let it go for 8 hours. The IT was 181 but we didn't want to wait any more since we were hungry!  :) We did let it rest for 30 minutes but couldn't wait any longer. The results were great! Tasty and juicy. The only problem was that, since this was a test, it was only my wife and I for dinner. One rib was more than generous! Good news, we have leftovers for later. I'll do this again.
Bob - Colorado Springs
NRA & USN

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
Re: Short Ribs!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 01:49:50 PM »
Will you stick with 181 for future smokes?
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

BedouinBob

• Let's Smoke Meat!
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 03:36:56 PM »
Might go a tad longer. The only reason I used the meat thermometer at all is because part of the short rib was pretty thick. Parts were really tender but there was a little bit that was a little tougher and more like a steak in consistency.
Bob - Colorado Springs
NRA & USN

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 10:40:20 PM »
Those look great, Bob!  I just have to make time to go to the butcher and find a rib plate like that!  Looks soooo good!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!