Author Topic: Should my 2 Butts be in the stall this early?  (Read 5360 times)

Papa Rick

Re: Should my 2 Butts be in the stall this early?
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2015, 10:29:54 PM »
Thanks Greg and Tony.  These were by far the best I have ever tasted and it was not because of my great expertise but rather from doing the brining solution and then letting them do what I read on here. 

Although I must admit when they just stalled for the period they did I was quite nervous thinking something was wrong.

These smokers, I really don't ever plan on going back to the old way unless we lose power and then I have a generator that can power it for a few days. 

Before I dreaded doing all of the stuff because you had to babysit the old charcoal smokers and watch the temp like a newborn baby.  But with the Smokin It # 2, wow I actually sit down and figure out what all I will be doing while it is doing its thing.  Awesome!

The only thing I have done that did not turn out with shock and awe was a brisket.  I had never done one and saw a video on how to trim the fat and I really believe I cut way too much fat off and it caused it to be less than what I thought it should be. 

I will be trying another one in the future and look forward to the advice and wisdom from everyone on here to help make it a great success.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 10:32:28 PM by Papa Rick »
Richard from NE Alabama  # 2 smoker

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Should my 2 Butts be in the stall this early?
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2015, 11:31:13 AM »
Fantastic. Rick!   8)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Hulk

Re: Should my 2 Butts be in the stall this e.
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2015, 11:27:47 PM »
Don't try to figure it out I had a 9 lbs stall on me for 6 hours and a 7 lbs that was done ready to eat in 8 hours. Both were tender and tasty. They were bought from the same butcher same farm. Unless you want to lose your mind don't try to figure pork butts out just smoke and eat.
Smokin-it #2
Weber Genesis Series Special Addition
Plenty of campfires
Northeast United States

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Should my 2 Butts be in the stall this e.
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2015, 11:29:20 PM »
Don't try to figure it out I had a 9 lbs stall on me for 6 hours and a 7 lbs that was done ready to eat in 8 hours. Both were tender and tasty. They were bought from the same butcher same farm. Unless you want to lose your mind don't try to figure pork butts out just smoke and eat.

+1!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!