Author Topic: Pork chops  (Read 2486 times)

TheLocNar

Pork chops
« on: November 09, 2015, 02:32:07 PM »
Weber Genesis, brined them for a few hours with salt/pepper, brown sugar, honey, cumin, and apple cider vinegar. My go-to for pork chops. Never fails. ;)

« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 04:39:37 PM by TheLocNar »
PBC
SI #2
Chicagoish

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Pork chops
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 07:40:54 PM »
Nice, Jeff!  Big fan of the chop on my old Weber gasser, too!  Hard to beat.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

TheLocNar

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 04:32:57 AM »
Sure is. My old Broil Master wouldn't get nearly hit enough for a good sear just a few short years after ownership. I've only had the Weber (natural grass hooked up to the main line) going on its 3rd winter. The sear station is a godsend!
PBC
SI #2
Chicagoish

DivotMaker

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 08:07:51 PM »
Sure is. My old Broil Master wouldn't get nearly hit enough for a good sear just a few short years after ownership. I've only had the Weber (natural grass hooked up to the main line) going on its 3rd winter. The sear station is a godsend!

Get ready for a long relationship, Jeff.  My Genesis 1100 is 18 years old, and still kickin' it!  A little paint, here and there, a set or two of flavorizer bars and burners, but still hanging in there!  Not sure if she's got much longer, but I have more than gotten my money's worth out of that old Weber!  Biggest point of failure now is the stand!
Tony from NW Arkansas
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 08:27:55 PM »
My Weber Genesis is a baby (10 years) compared to yours Tony. ;)

The only thing I have had to replace is the starter button. Flavorizer bars and burners are still going strong.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

DivotMaker

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 10:36:04 PM »
My Weber Genesis is a baby (10 years) compared to yours Tony. ;)

The only thing I have had to replace is the starter button. Flavorizer bars and burners are still going strong.

The first 10 are easy, Gregg.  The second 10? ...not so much. :-\   I'm bound and determined to get her through 2 decades, but it may be tough!
Tony from NW Arkansas