Author Topic: New Thru Wall PID  (Read 4919 times)

SmokinTrojan

New Thru Wall PID
« on: November 08, 2015, 09:32:33 PM »
I have an older Auber WS-1503CPH. Will the thru wall temp probe here work in this unit?
Bob #3 Liberty Lake, WA
Bob's making smoke in liberty lake, wa

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
Re: New Thru Wall PID
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 10:58:35 PM »
Hey Bob, you might call Steve and ask if he has any for the WS-1503CPH units. If not you can get one here http://www.mementotech.com/newauber/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14_29&products_id=99. This should take you to the Auber.com site. When I looked the site was down doing maintenance. Also this looks like the one I have for my WS-1503CPH mounted in my #3 smoker.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 10:12:13 AM »
The probe sold on the SI site will not work with the old unit.  Steve might have a couple old ones laying around but I did see one yesterday on the Auberins.com site. 
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

elkins20

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 10:59:40 AM »
The probe sold on the SI site will not work with the old unit.  Steve might have a couple old ones laying around but I did see one yesterday on the Auberins.com site.

That was what I was thinking that he might have some laying around but did not see any listed on the smokin-it site.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 07:44:37 PM »
Give Steve a call, Bob.  He may still have a few laying around.  They're cheap through Auber, with the link Bill gave you.  Works great in the #3...it's what I use.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

SmokinTrojan

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2015, 06:45:24 PM »
Thanks All,
I bought the correct one from Auber, very reasonable. Now just need to install it. Did I see an earlier post about mounting it thru the inner wall, and running the wire down inside the insulation chase?
Bob #3
Bob's making smoke in liberty lake, wa

DivotMaker

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2015, 07:05:23 PM »
Nothing to it, Bob.  I ran out the back, in this post, but have since gone through the wire clamp for the power cord.

Permanent Probe Installation
Tony from NW Arkansas
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2015, 07:22:30 PM »
Tony, you didn't find that shortens the leash too much?  I came out the back and think it is short. 
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

elkins20

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2015, 02:48:17 AM »
I did both of mine out the back and have plenty of wire especially on the #1 smoker.

DivotMaker

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2015, 02:06:27 PM »
Tony, you didn't find that shortens the leash too much?  I came out the back and think it is short.

It doesn't on the 2 and 3.  Now, a behemoth like yours?  Well... it might!  I keep my Auber close to the smoker, so a few feet is plenty, and the cord is 6' long (I think).
Tony from NW Arkansas