Author Topic: Turkey Breast Questions  (Read 9594 times)

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
Re: Turkey Breast Questions
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2015, 08:28:53 PM »
If you have a Sam's Club or Costco, you will find their quality is much better especially for ribs.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2015, 10:19:09 AM »
Hey Bob, I agree with Greg, Sam' Club for ribs or if you have a restaurant depot they also have good ribs. Can give you instructions for restaurant depot if you have one close.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

pargolfr2003

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2015, 07:48:15 AM »
Well dammit! I'd love to give the Sam's club ribs a try but my wife has been on a vigil to boycott Wal Mart and everything associated since July 3, 2003 due to an "incident"...I know that because I've heard the story 5000 damn times! I may have to go rogue and hang around the parking lot and try to score a sleazy rib deal with one of the customers. Hope I don't get busted.
Tim D
Fayetteville, NC
My Tool Kit:
Smokin It #2
Weber Kettle
LOTS of cold beer and/or wine

elkins20

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2015, 11:59:42 AM »
Hey Tim, nothing says you cannot go to sam's on your own get the ribs and remove the tag b/4 getting home. That way will be your secret, once she tries them she may change her mind about the boycott. And let you purchase meat ie, ribs, pork butts, and brisket from sam's. Do you have a restaurant depot close to your home?
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

pargolfr2003

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2015, 04:41:34 PM »
No Bill I don't have restaurant depot. May have to go incognito to Sams
Tim D
Fayetteville, NC
My Tool Kit:
Smokin It #2
Weber Kettle

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2015, 07:44:50 PM »
Well dammit! I'd love to give the Sam's club ribs a try but my wife has been on a vigil to boycott Wal Mart and everything associated since July 3, 2003 due to an "incident"

Wow!  I thought MY wife held a grudge!  Don't need details, but the "incident" must have been pretty darn bad to hold a grudge for 12+ years!  I can't imagine my Sam's Club doing anything bad enough to me to keep me from buying meat there!  I say dress in disguise, and sneak in there one day...you owe it to yourself, and she may change her mind! ;)   But, don't tell her until AFTER she eats the ribs! ;D
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

pargolfr2003

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2015, 11:16:57 AM »
Good idea Tony. I gotta try to get away with getting in there.   I'll spare you the details of the incident. I've heard the story enough times for both of us. :)
Tim D
Fayetteville, NC
My Tool Kit:
Smokin It #2
Weber Kettle

elkins20

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2015, 03:31:05 PM »
Hey Tim, the other way if you have a conscious is man up and just take the bull by the horns. Tell her that many people at this forum told you to purchase ribs there at least one time. After she sees the difference in quality she might change her mind. Question is she Italian, Sicilian or Latin decent as they can be very feisty and can also hold a grudge for a lifetime.

DivotMaker

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2015, 08:04:49 PM »
Good idea Tony. I gotta try to get away with getting in there.   I'll spare you the details of the incident. I've heard the story enough times for both of us. :)

Tim, you could also give a "friend" the money to go buy some for you, that way you have "plausible deniability."  "Hey honey, I didn't go there!  I'm just holding them for a friend!"  Might want to check the straw purchase laws in your state, though.  LOL!! ;D
Tony from NW Arkansas
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi

pargolfr2003

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2015, 07:11:38 AM »
That's what I'm thinking.  A rib "drug deal" type operation. Hope I don't get busted
Tim D
Fayetteville, NC
My Tool Kit:
Smokin It #2
Weber Kettle

DivotMaker

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2015, 03:17:34 PM »
That's what I'm thinking.  A rib "drug deal" type operation. Hope I don't get busted

I know nothing, and we've never met. ;)
Tony from NW Arkansas