Author Topic: Is this a dent?  (Read 3606 times)

MichaelKelly

Is this a dent?
« on: November 04, 2015, 09:39:29 PM »
I have just unpacked my Model #2 and I am wondering if this is a dent or a defect or if this is normal. I suppose my concern is that since it's on the seam that this will leak heat.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Is this a dent?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 10:05:18 PM »
Hi Michael,

Welcome, and congrats on your purchase!  Looks like you got a little shipping damage! It's on the outer wall, so it really won't hurt anything.  If you want to fix it, just unscrew the top plate and bend it out a bit, then reattach the top plate.  There is a sealed inner wall, so this won't cause any heat loss. 

If it really bothers you, or if you're unhappy, call Steve tomorrow and send him the pics at smokin.it.info@gmail.com.

Looks like an easy fix for a shipping issue.  Let me know if I can help you further!

Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 02:27:18 PM »
Doesn't look like a shipping issue to me but more like the sheeting was cut a little long and it had to buckle to get the top on.  Try taking a few of the screws out along the top trim and see if the buckle pops out. 
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 02:28:56 PM by SuperDave »
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

Pork Belly

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 08:26:24 PM »
Looks like a quality control issue, though likely not a big deal. Steve is a reasonable guy, I'd try for some free merchandise as compensation.
Brian - Michigan-NRA Life Member
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud

smokeasaurus

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 10:10:14 PM »
This appears to be on the Mfg not the freight company. Don't think it is going to affect performance one bit.

However, if you are not happy, Steve will take care of you. You get good customer service after the sale with Smokin-It  :)
Got Smoke?
Smokin It #2 and stand
Weber Performer
Weber Redhead
Gabby Grills Santa Maria and Rotisserie
PK Grill
Blackstone 36 inch Flat Top

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 08:06:15 PM »
Yeah, the more I look at it, I agree.  This is not something I've seen before, and is odd, due to the way the panels are cut.  Surprised that passed...they usually do better.  Smoke's right, though...won't hurt a thing, if you don't mind.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!