Author Topic: Sous Vide  (Read 2763 times)

Limey

Sous Vide
« on: October 29, 2015, 12:29:48 PM »
Looking at the Auber catalogue I came across the following for the WSD 1500 GPH ( the model most of us have i think);
"This new model, WSD-1500GPH, replaces the previous WSD-1503CPH. The ā€œGā€ series controller made several important improvements and enhancements over the ā€œCā€ series controller.
1) Improved durability for the sensor probe. The new sensor is more moisture-resistant, with larger temperature range, and more durable cable and plug. The sensor is immersible in water and can also be used for Sous Vide Cooking."

Has anyone tried this controller for sous vide, using an analogue crockpot or rice cooker?
Are the sensors really immersible in hot water for cleaning purposes.
Roger from the Florida Keys.
Two SI#3s, both with switched bypass and Aubers(different locations), Viking, Jenn Aire & five TEC infra red grills. Recently acquired UDS.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Sous Vide
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 07:29:44 PM »
"No" to the Sous Vide, but "Yes" to the sealed sensor.  Even though the new sensor is supposedly sealed, and submersible, I still use caution!  No sense pushing it, in my book!   
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 09:13:10 PM »
If interested in sous vide:
http://anovaculinary.com/
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

Bebe

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 04:28:47 PM »
If interested in sous vide:
http://anovaculinary.com/
;)
..guess what's cooking as we speak:
Pete
Brooklyn, NY