Author Topic: It's Here!!!  (Read 5496 times)

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
Re: It's Here!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2015, 06:55:32 PM »
I have a #1, and cut the packer brisket right in half. No problem. Put the point half on the rack below the flat half.
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

jaxtinner

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2015, 11:42:02 PM »
Thanks!!  I won't hesitate!!
Zack in Jacksonville, FL   Masterbilt 5 in 1, Weber kettle grill, ECB, Kenmore grill, Smokein=it #2, two dogs, four cats, and a partridge in a pear tree!!!!

Boone

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2015, 05:53:28 PM »
I separate the point from the flat so it fits in my #2. Just be aware that there will be a difference in smoking times between the two so you will need to monitor the temperatures of each section separately.
Dan from Wisconsin
Smokin-It #2, Auber PID
Weber Smokey Mountain
Weber Kettle Grills
Blackstone Flat-Top Griddle

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2015, 05:44:11 PM »
With the point half placed on the rack below the flat half, mine surprisingly seem to get done at about the same time. You really should probe each hunk separately though. I like the flat about 195. And the point about 200.
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide