Author Topic: It's Here!!!  (Read 5497 times)

grogorat

It's Here!!!
« on: October 19, 2015, 07:09:51 PM »
FedEx finally dropped the #2 at my front door this afternoon! (Heavy sonofagun and it's built like a tank)
Unpacked, de-styrafoamed, and ready to season this weekend.
I have 3 full racks of baby backs ready to roll.

Definitely will take heed of all of the expert advice on this forum for my first run.
Gary from Houston
Smokin-It #2

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
Re: It's Here!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 07:28:28 PM »
I will be surprised if you can wait all the way to the weekend to season.  ;D
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 08:58:00 PM »
Season it!!  Season it!! Season it!!  LOL!  Kari's right...you won't be able to wait to season it! ;)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 09:35:47 PM »
Get it plugged in, its only Monday!  Wood chunk and fire it up.

I remember it like it was yesterday.   My wife thought I was nuts!   Until I made a meal.

Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

DivotMaker

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015, 09:41:04 PM »
Only takes a few chunks of wood, and 4 hours~~~ ;)
Tony from NW Arkansas
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi

drains

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 01:07:11 PM »
Can't beat the smell either!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 01:21:37 PM by drains »
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

grogorat

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 01:45:13 PM »
I'd like to season/use it this weekend but according to the weather reports, we are expected to get all of our monthly rainfall amounts in the next three days, with local flooding possible and I don't have a covered patio.  Might have to season it in the garage with the door open.
Gary from Houston
Smokin-It #2

DivotMaker

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 09:01:26 PM »
Just set up a fan to blow out, and let 'er rip! ;)
Tony from NW Arkansas

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2015, 08:49:03 AM »
+1 ... I have used the garage on a couple of occasions.  I put the smoker close to the garage door and then use a floor fan in the middle of the garage to lightly blow air out of the garage.  Pretty much keeps the smoke moving to the outside, although you will have some residual smoke smell when the 4 hours over.  Not a bad thing, IMO.
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

jaxtinner

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2015, 05:56:41 PM »
Just received a glorious #2 from my parents (Dockmaster) as an early Xmas present!!!  (I am cooking for Thanksgiving)  Couldn't be happier!!  Smoked some bacon wrapped jalapenos (courtesy of my mother) (Jesus, I sound spoiled) for lunch and have a whole beer can chicken in right now.  I started smoking with the El Cheapo Brinkman and they got my Masterbilt for me.  I really used the hell out of the Masterbilt and they replaced it with a second when it had lived its life.  The SI #2 is amazing!!!  All the things that I had to meddle with are over.  I can't believe how easy it is.  No more fretting over chunks catching fire.  No more dry water baths.  No more flame outs. Pop is smoking the turkey this year, and I am doing a pork shoulder.  I hope everyone in my house doesn't get sick of smoked meat!!!  My folks will be at my house this year for Thanksgiving and the only question is one pork shoulder ot two???????
Zack in Jacksonville, FL   Masterbilt 5 in 1, Weber kettle grill, ECB, Kenmore grill, Smokein=it #2, two dogs, four cats, and a partridge in a pear tree!!!!

jaxtinner

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2015, 06:01:31 PM »
And.....................they delivered it PRESEASONED!!!!!!!!!
Zack in Jacksonville, FL   Masterbilt 5 in 1, Weber kettle grill, ECB, Kenmore grill, Smokein=it #2, two dogs, four cats, and a partridge in a pear tree!!!!

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2015, 06:05:41 PM »
Go for two as you can always vac seal the left overs and give some to your folks and freeze the rest. Also welcome from Kansas City. If you could add your name to your signature so we know who we are talking with.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2015, 06:11:27 PM »
You are gonna love it! Those are nice parents to support your "smoking" habit all of these years. They must reap the benefits! This is the last smoker they will ever need to give you!
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

jaxtinner

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2015, 06:25:19 PM »
Sorry,  I am new to this, but yes, my folks are the best.  And yep, the second butt is for them!!

jaxtinner

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2015, 06:29:41 PM »
I can't wait to try a brisket in the #2.  Anyone think there would be a problem with cutting a packers cut in two, due to space?  Maybe I am on the wrong thread.  I am so excited!!