Author Topic: First try at Jerky and Fall Decorating  (Read 8050 times)

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: First try at Jerky and Fall Decorating
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2015, 10:12:52 PM »
I will never post a jerky cook again  ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;) :o ;)

"Remain calm....This is a hijacking.  Keep your seats, and no one will get hurt!"  ...sorry about that, Bro. :-[
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

smokeasaurus

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2015, 10:18:36 PM »
I will never post a jerky cook again  ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;) :o ;)

"Remain calm....This is a hijacking.  Keep your seats, and no one will get hurt!"  ...sorry about that, Bro. :-[

;D ;D ;D ;D
Got Smoke?
Smokin It #2 and stand
Weber Performer
Weber Redhead
Gabby Grills Santa Maria and Rotisserie
PK Grill
Blackstone 36 inch Flat Top

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2015, 01:10:34 AM »
Hey Scott, the jerky looks really good. And the house decorations are nice. Did you use a meat slicer to cut the beef prior to seasoning it. Also I might suggest using high mountain jerky seasoning as they have different flavors and the curing salt. Also I purchased a really nice slicer from web restaurant. It is the Berkel 823e model the only problem I see is that if it is not used in a restaurant the warranty is no longer good. But, the slicer itself is of good quality and has a 9 inch blade.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 01:15:00 AM by elkins20 »
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

smokeasaurus

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2015, 11:51:51 AM »
Hey Scott, the jerky looks really good. And the house decorations are nice. Did you use a meat slicer to cut the beef prior to seasoning it. Also I might suggest using high mountain jerky seasoning as they have different flavors and the curing salt. Also I purchased a really nice slicer from web restaurant. It is the Berkel 823e model the only problem I see is that if it is not used in a restaurant the warranty is no longer good. But, the slicer itself is of good quality and has a 9 inch blade.

I will check out the high mountain and the slicer.....thanks
Got Smoke?
Smokin It #2 and stand
Weber Performer
Weber Redhead
Gabby Grills Santa Maria and Rotisserie
PK Grill
Blackstone 36 inch Flat Top