Author Topic: Hello  (Read 20199 times)

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
Re: Hello
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2015, 07:12:29 AM »
Congratulations on the baby boy!   I have been using smokilicious wood with great success in my #2...the double filet cut fits nicely in the smoke box.  I put my wood in the back of the box and have not had combustion problems with their wood.
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2015, 06:30:51 PM »
...any advice on storage?

I store mine in the box it comes in, no problems.  If you keep the wood indoors, in the colder weather, there will be less moisture in the air, so you might consider keeping the chunks in Ziploc bags to preserve moisture.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2015, 09:40:49 PM »
Hey Tony, Seems like I remember Greg putting his wood ziplock bags and vacuum sealing them? This sounds like a good idea.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2015, 08:00:14 AM »
As of now, I have my wood in the box that it came in stored in the garage.   They suggested cutting holes in the sides of the box, so I did that as well.   I also have some Tupperware containers in the garage that I have used to store wood...I just add a wet rag in a zip lock bag (left open) to add moisture.
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2015, 12:28:11 PM »
As of now, I have my wood in the box that it came in stored in the garage.   They suggested cutting holes in the sides of the box, so I did that as well.   I also have some Tupperware containers in the garage that I have used to store wood...I just add a wet rag in a zip lock bag (left open) to add moisture.

Hey Steve, right now mine is in the box it came in also, just did not cut any holes in the sides. I am thinking about getting some large 2 gallon zip lock bags and storing it that way.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2015, 04:20:03 PM »
That should work too, but you might want to check the moisture content from time to time.   My packing instructions with the smokilicious wood mentioned punching holes in the sides, so I did that.
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

Hulk

« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2015, 11:49:42 PM »
Keep mine is ziplock baggies. Put them in the kitchen cabinets with no issues.
Smokin-it #2
Weber Genesis Series Special Addition
Plenty of campfires
Northeast United States