Author Topic: Contemplating the purchase of a #2  (Read 2101 times)

bobur7

Contemplating the purchase of a #2
« on: August 17, 2015, 10:59:26 AM »
Good morning! I have been smoking for more than 20 years. Started with charcoal in a New Braunfels 2 barrel in early 90's(before Charbroil bought them and cheapened them). It's still going strong in the possession of my oldest son in Upstate NY.  When I retired and we began RV'ing full time I bought a Masterbuilt Electric which could travel with us. I just gave that to my youngest son who lives near Nashville. I was attracted to the cart accessory so the #2 box would be at a better working height. The Masterbuilt gave me great results, but getting on my hands and knees to clean it was getting bothersome. The #2 looks to be about the same capacity as the Masterbuilt which I have loaded with a butt, a brisket and 2 beer can chickens at once.

Currently in RV in Virginia, and will be returning to AZ for the winter (where we now have a home) and could travel via Montgomery, MI to pick up.
bobur7

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
Re: Contemplating the purchase of a #2
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 11:11:42 AM »
Hi Bob, you will be happy with the #2, it puts out great BBQ and the smoke flavor is out of this world. I have a #1 & #3 originally my first order was the #1 and after sleeping on it. The next morning I called Steve to change my order to a #2, but it had already been shipped. For the #3 I purchased it from a gentleman that was going into competition smoking. I was able to get a very good deal on it. There is a lot more room in the #3 and it might fit your needs also. I wish you good luck in your choice and happy smoking.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 12:46:45 PM by elkins20 »
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 11:41:25 AM »
Welcome from Delaware!   I purchased a #2 over two years ago and have been extremely happy with it...I pretty much smoke something every weekend.   I am sure you will love it too!   Cheers
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

drains

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 12:04:09 PM »
Welcome from Texas Bob! Either way you go you'll be getting a quality smoker, unbeatable customer service and a forum that's all about YOUR smoker. Ask a question and you'll get answers from owners with experience using YOUR smoker. Not generic mumbo jumbo. Real answers from real everyday people. Call customer service and the owner of the company will answer your call. That's unheard of until now. The forum speaks for itself and is hands down the best manufacturer sponsored forum anywhere. So dig in Bob and I look foreword to seeing you around here. Happy smokin!
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 02:17:45 PM »
Hey Bob,

I bought #2 about five months ago and have smoked more in that time then in 30 years. The results are excellent and because it so easy, you will use your smoker!

Greg