Author Topic: Pelican ProGear Elite Marine Deluxe Cooler with 2-Inch Insulation, Tan, 35-Quart  (Read 5003 times)

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
I decided to treat myself to a new cooler. This baby will replace my long time Stainless Steel Cooler I have had for over 20 years.

The Pelican Coolers are made in the USA and have a lifetime warranty. With 2" thick polyurethane, you can keep ice up to 10 days, much like a Yeti Cooler but less expensive. I will give this baby a test tomorrow, with the Brisket I will be smoking tonight.

Greg

Grampy

Very nice Greg. I would love to have a Pelican or a Yeti but I just can't convince myself to spend $200-$300 for a cooler.
Jimmy from Arkadelphia, AR
Smokin-It #2
Woo Pig Sooie!

Carp210

Greg,
Very nice cooler.  Pelican makes some quality stuff.  You'll be very happy with your purchase.  Now fill it up with some BBQ.
Dave from SW Pa.  (Steeler,Pirates,Penguins Country)
Weber gas grill, Weber 22.5 Charcoal Smoker
Retired husband and Grandad
Weber Genesis S-330 with Grillgrates
Si model#2, 800 watt, Auber, with fixed probe.

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
Greg nice cooler, would you be able to put a brine bucket in it and then ice the bucket to keep it around 40 degrees? As it looks pretty deep was just wondering. I would like to start using some brine on different meats. And have a large fridge, but really no room for a bucket. Also been toying of getting a dorm fridge.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
Very nice Greg. I would love to have a Pelican or a Yeti but I just can't convince myself to spend $200-$300 for a cooler.

I agree it is a bit pricy, but I figure I can use it for multiple purposes. My Coleman Stainless cooler I paid about $100.00 for and it was at least 20 years old. So if this baby lasts half as long I am doing well.

Greg

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
Greg nice cooler, would you be able to put a brine bucket in it and then ice the bucket to keep it around 40 degrees? As it looks pretty deep was just wondering. I would like to start using some brine on different meats. And have a large fridge, but really no room for a bucket. Also been toying of getting a dorm fridge.

Bill,

I had not really thought about using it to brine with. This morning my spare refrigerator was really packed, with the brisket I am brining for tomorrow and the chicken for tonight.

It would easily fit the Briner Jr, but the full Briner is to tall. The inside dimensions are 12hx12wx15L.

Now you have me thinking, I am going to see if I can find a bucket that will fit this baby!

Thanks for the idea.

Greg

elkins20

hey Greg, I am just leaning on a dorm or very small fridge. The only way to fit the large briner in my large Whirlpool 25 cu ft. fridge would be to remove all the shelfs. As the boss wanted the french doors  with the drawer underneath and freezer on the bottom. It is nice looking and you would think it has tons of room until you open it up.  >:(
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 12:36:40 AM by elkins20 »
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

elkins20

Hey John was talking about something to put the briner buckets in. I have the foil bread pans to put water/juice in for the SI...

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
Big enough?

http://www.amazon.com/Winco-SPT6-Size-Pan-NSF/dp/B001VZ8OF6/ref=pd_bxgy_468_img_y

I think I would like something big enough for a Turkey, next time I am at RD I will look around.

Thanks Greg

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
Greg

Amazon had them as recommended when people buy the pelican.  I guess they link what people buy together.

Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

drains

Really nice cooler Gregg! It'll give you years of great service I bet. Buy once cry once you know.
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Nice, Greg!  Pelican makes the best hard gun cases on the planet, so I bet this cooler is better than a Yeti! ;)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Libohunden

• Model #3 Owner
Nice!  I've been going back and forth on a Pelican or a Yeti or (there's another I can't think of right now).  The Yeti will fit under the bed cover in my truck but the Pelican won't.  I do like some of the features of the Pelican better though. 

I've also considered getting one of the Pelican cooler bags.  Although, that's a little tougher for me to convince myself to get that vs a regular cooler.

How heavy is that thing?
Smokin-it #3, Napolean Prestige Pro 500 Grill, Anova WiFi Precision Cooker (Sous Vide)
The Woodlands, Texas

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.