Author Topic: Alt. cart for Little guy...  (Read 12049 times)

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
Re: Alt. cart for Little guy...
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2015, 08:25:41 PM »
Hey Tony, hot as the devil up here, on my front porch is 102. I really am not that crazy about BB ribs. I guess it boils down to preference, mine is St. Louis, then spares and last would be BB. But, in reality they are all good. Stay cool my friend. Keep the shinny side up and the rubber side down.  :o  :o
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2015, 08:35:09 PM »
105-110 heat index here tomorrow, Bill!  Might be a little beer and A/C in my weekend plans...along with a brisket in the #3! ;)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

elkins20

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2015, 12:15:40 AM »
I am still planning on ribs. I also need to order a permanent wall mount for the #3. As Rick was using the one that just rests on a rack.  :o They have them at Auber for $16.00. Also going to call the K.C.BBQ store and see if they have them. That is where I purchased my other probe for the Maverick. It the BBQ store has them will save on shipping. The weather guys was saying we hit 115 heat index today. And tomorrow is supposed to be another hot one. Also rain/thunderstorms tonight. So will be like a sauna out there again.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

bubbabob

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2015, 07:47:28 PM »
elkins,

Thanks for the post. I was wondering how best to get my little guy up off the ground. Bought my cart on Amazon. I'll be stylin in about 2 days!
Cheers,
BB   :)
Large BGE, SI #1, Weber Genesis gasser, Maverick ET 733, Thermapen, Grill Grates for my gasser, and a Vortex.

"I know I'm having a good day when my gratitude exceeds my expectations." - Ray Wiley Hubbard

DivotMaker

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2015, 07:54:25 PM »
Welcome to the party, BubbaBob!  How about heading over to the Introductions section and tell us a little about yourself?  Smoking background, what brought you to SI, etc...  We like to get to know our new family members around here!

Let us know if we can help, in any way!
Tony from NW Arkansas
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi

elkins20

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2015, 12:32:47 AM »
Hey Bob, looks like there are a lot of different ways to get the Little Guy off the ground. And really after a few smokes you want it off the ground some. I recently purchased a #3 that came with a cart and it is so much nicer to be able to stand and look into the smoker. You will really enjoy the food that comes out of your smoker.

elkins20

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2015, 04:47:10 PM »
Finally purchased the cart from Sam's club no more getting on my knees to use the #1.  ;D

DivotMaker

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2015, 09:39:44 PM »
...no more getting on my knees to use the #1.  ;D

Dang near need to lay on your belly to use the #1 on the ground! :o
Tony from NW Arkansas

elkins20

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2015, 09:42:12 PM »
I have pictures just not posted yet, last time I checked AOL they still had not showed up. Finally the pictures showed up, whew. No more on bended knee or laying on the belly.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 03:14:10 PM by elkins20 »

elkins20

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2015, 03:16:41 PM »
I need to remove the casters from #1, but did not keep the wrenches that Steve sent  >:( Also want to follow Tony/Divotmaker's advice about getting a plank at Lowes, sand it finish it and bolt the wood to the cart and also bolt down Little Man.

DivotMaker

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2015, 07:22:31 PM »
I need to remove the casters from #1, but did not keep the wrenches that Steve sent  >:( Also want to follow Tony/Divotmaker's advice about getting a plank at Lowes, sand it finish it and bolt the wood to the cart and also bolt down Little Man.

Works well!  I initially thought about going with a stain and good spar varnish, but opted for the total-seal with the PlastiDip spray.  Worked great!
Tony from NW Arkansas

elkins20

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2015, 08:44:39 PM »
I will probably do that and use the plastidip spray. Any idea on removing the casters from the #1? And like a fool did not keep the wrenches.  :-\

DivotMaker

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2015, 09:36:08 PM »
Any idea on removing the casters from the #1? And like a fool did not keep the wrenches.  :-\

Sorry...it takes a thin wrench to get that caster nut.  Might check at Harbor Freight for some cheap thin wrenches.  They have a lot of odd tools like that.
Tony from NW Arkansas

elkins20

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2015, 10:24:33 PM »
Ok will try that, or may call Steve and see if he can send me one. But, would eat the shipping. Just do not like it up on the cart with the wheels.

BBQ4YO

• Smokin-It #1
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2015, 12:30:03 PM »
Bill send me your address.........I'll send you my wrench, should only be $3 postage at  the most, my treat, but you have to send it back. I ship weekly. Let me know.........
Isaac from Fresno CA
Smoker Model #1
Original Kettle 18"
Maverick 732